The RPG

You have to watch out that you don't get "monopolies" again, like Shaitan had with his housing business. The notion that he "built" a house for each participants, on general expense, was just plain stupid.

I see how you don't want two pubs, or two academies, but I think you get the point.

Originally posted by Shabbaman
You have to watch out that you don't get "monopolies" again, like Shaitan had with his housing business. The notion that he "built" a house for each participants, on general expense, was just plain stupid.

I see how you don't want two pubs, or two academies, but I think you get the point.

Yeah, I see your point. Were have to start discussing it, maybe something like:

"Monopolies may be broken apart by a majority vote (51% or above) of the RPG populace."

Then maybe what certifies a monopoly etc.

maybe find some way instead of dibanding something which someone has worked for, to limit how they got there in the first place.

Hello all,
As some of the veteran posters might remember, I am McNulty, who played a minor roll in the second of the Fanatikan Democracy Games. I also tried to contribute to the RPG in the third Democracy Game, but that very sadly failed.
I was unaware that a fourth Democracy Game had begun, and when I happened accross it, I found that there was no RPG element in it at all. This is very dissapointing, as I greatly enjoyed the cross-game religion that had developed between Fanatika and 1BC's Community.
Can I humbly ask if there is any possibility of a RPG element developing in this Democracy Game? I confess, I have no idea what is happening here, I even don't know if you have decided on a name for your new country.
If there is to be a RPG, I would hope that it is arranged along the same lines as the 2nd game, and not the 3rd, which was not conducive to character development in my opinion.
If there is to be a RPG, I would like to contribute in some, small way. I absolutely promise to behave myself.

McNulty

Originally posted by McNulty
Hello all,
As some of the veteran posters might remember, I am McNulty, who played a minor roll in the second of the Fanatikan Democracy Games. I also tried to contribute to the RPG in the third Democracy Game, but that very sadly failed.
I was unaware that a fourth Democracy Game had begun, and when I happened accross it, I found that there was no RPG element in it at all. This is very dissapointing, as I greatly enjoyed the cross-game religion that had developed between Fanatika and 1BC's Community.
Can I humbly ask if there is any possibility of a RPG element developing in this Democracy Game? I confess, I have no idea what is happening here, I even don't know if you have decided on a name for your new country.
If there is to be a RPG, I would hope that it is arranged along the same lines as the 2nd game, and not the 3rd, which was not conducive to character development in my opinion.
If there is to be a RPG, I would like to contribute in some, small way. I absolutely promise to behave myself.

McNulty

Well, we plan on getting run started, the 2nd RPG crashed and burned so badly, I think most people lost interest in the idea overall. The little discussion taking place in this thread has me worried.

I'll start by posting a poll, to get the general DG populace stance on wether to make the RPG again, or not to.

Edit: Poll created here.

bumping this back up would help at the moment but internet is not im my room look at striders poll to see why.

It is a terrible tragedy that the citizens of this game do not have a desire to engage in a lively role playing aspect, as I found it a high point of getting to grips with the game. Is the reluctance of the powers that be anything to do with the great success of the Civ3 Game of Democracy II? I believe that the RPG was so popular there that the powers had to actively petition the citizens to concentrate more on the actual gameplay, rather than the RPG aspect. Is this why the RPG is not popular anymore in the Fanatikan boards?

Originally posted by McNulty
It is a terrible tragedy that the citizens of this game do not have a desire to engage in a lively role playing aspect, as I found it a high point of getting to grips with the game. Is the reluctance of the powers that be anything to do with the great success of the Civ3 Game of Democracy II? I believe that the RPG was so popular there that the powers had to actively petition the citizens to concentrate more on the actual gameplay, rather than the RPG aspect. Is this why the RPG is not popular anymore in the Fanatikan boards?

:lol: :lol: After all the time this thread has been up, I finally feel i have to post something. That's too funny McNutly. :lol:

The problem is 1. We don't have Shaitan around to do everything these young people want done. It would be nice if Shaitan would come back and do everything for them, but that possibility looks slim. No one else here has the time or desire to babysit an RPG forum. It takes a lot of time and trouble. Would you like to volunteer to handle all the accounting, rulemaking, forum setup, conflicts, delegation of authority, etc, etc, etc? I think not. What's the mater? Not enough time on your hands? Don't have the desire to overload your schedule with all this work and frustration? Hmmm. Do you only want to write stories? Then....

2. The Creative History Department is now looking for people just like you. People who are looking for a place to write stories and develop characters. You mean all this time you haven't heard of the CHD? You must have a busy schedule, McNulty, cause it's been around, even before this game started. Or then again, I guess you could refuse to use the great canvas of the CHD for political reasons :rolleyes: ........

but Cyc thats what me strider and a few others were offering to do, (soon as i get a connection that is on school PC at the moment) btw nice advertising ;)

and yes MCnulty i am in agreement with you.

I'm not finding the Creative History Project anywhere. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Perhaps I'm making some false assumptions about what it is? Help?

Originally posted by Sir Oswulf
I'm not finding the Creative History Project anywhere. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Perhaps I'm making some false assumptions about what it is? Help?

Sir Oswulf, I'm glad to see you're interest. We would love to see you become involved in our story-telling venue. There are two threads for you to review. The first one would be the Creative History Department thread. This is the Office thread (OT) and it contains rules and information that will help you understand the Creative History of Fanatica we are trying to put together. The link is here:

The CHD

Then there's the actual Story-Telling thread, where you can start your Character(s) and develop them as far as you'd like. The further you develop them the better. ;) As long as you stay close to the rules in the CHD OT, you'll do fine. The link for the Story-Telling thread is here:

CHD - Storyline

We're happy to see you and anyone else come aboard. :D

Top Bottom