The Shiji, Book Two: Project Kaguya

Well what a strange coincidence. stocktracker's story is also a Japanese space race game and it was started just hours apart from mine. And now he's just about to finish as well.

For me, it was interesting because the same day I finished playing the game, I had attended a lecture presented by Edwin Eugene "Buzz" Aldrin, Jr., the #2 man on the moon. He actually spent a lot of time talking about his life story and promoting the two books he wrote, but he did emphasize that he wanted to see the barriers removed between NASA and private enterprises so that they could cooperate on space exploration.

I think that just means I probably would've been able to win this game earlier if I made peace and stayed in democracy :)

In September I think, there were two stories started in the same day, ended in the same day with the same civ, same victory (Domination) and 2 turns distance! :lol:

You saw the second man on the moon?

Mirc said:
You saw the second man on the moon?

He's an old man now (age 76 I think), and he called himself "Neil Armstrong's photographer" :lol:

Anyway, the next story has been set up here. Enjoy!

I've seen Buzz Aldrin speak before. He's an incredible guy, has a brilliant mind. With all those astronaut "go getter" personalities--it'd be easy to get them confused in the shufffle. But Aldrin's a real stand out guy, a visionary. He never says anything not worth listening to... and he even punched out a "no moon shot" conspiracy nut once. Quite a hero.

Top Bottom