The shocking origin of the affinity emblems

Magma_Dragoon

Reploid
I remembered a few days ago that despite buying a Wii for the sole purpose of Skyward Sword, I had never finished it. On my second round of dungeons tonight, I dropped into the Lanayru Desert and decided to check my map since I haven't played in a while. Notice the markers on the three power stations. There is no way this is a coincidence.

Spoiler :

Water drop and harmony both are shaped like magatama, purity looks like a stylized flame, supremacy is a Mercedes logo, unrelated.
zelda affinity.png

Good find! Very interesting. :)

I remember there was a thread where they were trying to find all the Civilization 5 images through Google searching. Perhaps one for Civilization 5: Beyond Earth could be made, as well.

The fire one looks almost identical to purity, no way someone made up that weird red octohedron out of nothing. Two water ones make the harmony symbol, though supremacy lightning bolt is a bit of a stretch. I am convinced someone in the art department at Firaxis played this game and, consciously or subconsciously, drew inspiration from these.

I remembered a few days ago that despite buying a Wii for the sole purpose of Skyward Sword, I had never finished it. On my second round of dungeons tonight, I dropped into the Lanayru Desert and decided to check my map since I haven't played in a while. Notice the markers on the three power stations. There is no way this is a coincidence.

Nope, you're right. Definitely no co-incidence as they are nothing alike.:nope:

Fire red, electricity yellow, and water blue-green, how could different people make the same associations? :rolleyes:

You're imagining things. The red icon above is a square spiral with flames coming out the top. Whereas the Purity icon is a sort of transparent double cone.

that's why I used the qualifier 'almost'

that has nothing to do with it they don't even look the same and as for being the same colors that means absolutely nothing either.

If you are familiar with Warlock: Master of the Arcane and Eternal Legend, there seems to be some cross-pollination going on in the industry, but that might be a good thing.

There isn't even the slightest similarity in my opinion.

Red, Blue and Yellow represent Fire, Water and Electricity in like every RPG I know. And that's clearly, what we can see on your screenshot. Fire, Water and Electricity.

Water doesn't represent fire.

Fire doesn't represent electricity.

Electricity doesn't represent water.

Some similarity is to be expected because of how elements work on our planet.

Now, I'm double confused. The BE symbols don't even look like water, "electricity" (i.e., lightning bolts), or fire.

There is nothing new under the sun. Or whatever star the BE planet is orbiting either.

Harmony is a yin-yang with feathers. If you go to any holistic furry forum you're likely to see such things. ... um... or so my friends tell me...

Supremacy is a modified 'Benz logo inside the alchemy symbol for earth ... since machines invading Earth is their idea of victory.

Purity is an iconic depiction of a swirl icecream cone ... to energize their ideological base with the promise that genetic enhancement of human traits will one-day make our bodies sustainable solely via consumption of icecream.

I found out that there are 5 more affinities to be added in later dlc, see:
Spoiler :

This is clearly the source of where the affinities come from and they'll add the other ones soon. :)

Purity is an iconic depiction of a swirl icecream cone ... to energize their ideological base with the promise that genetic enhancement of human traits will one-day make our bodies sustainable solely via consumption of icecream.

Purity actually looks more like an upside down ice cream cone. Representing how they ruin all the fun of genetic and cybernetic modification. It's like throwing your ice cream on the ground.

Purity looks like a diamond with an upside down vortex in the middle (ie tornado/hurricane) imo

but yeah.. no similarities to that game whatsoever.

It's interesting how the purity logo is a bit like a mix out of the supremacy and the harmony logo, isn't it? It shares the sharp edges of supremacy on the outside... but it also has the swirly, fluid form in the middle.

That seems to represent the "Be a strong individual, but don't hide (from) your emotions."-ideology many people have (or at least claim to have) these days quite well. "Harte Schale, weicher Kern." as we say in Germany. Don't know if there's an english version of that proverb.

Top Bottom