The Shortest Game Ever

the shortest game i had was a turn 2 got my settle eaten by a wolf
the second shortest game i ever had was a turn turn 5
when 4 barbarian archers appeared due to a barbarian uprising

the quickest i have seen an ai die is in 2 turns when i rushed
the quickest i have seen a human die is in 4 turns when an barbarian archer destroyed Greece

ilduce, that is pretty sad. :p I thought animals didn't come in till like turn 3, but I guess I thought wrong.

My shortest game ever lasted 3 turns...

Turn 1: The Dawn of Time. I, Cyrus, start on the same square as Montezuma on Emperor difficulty. This is a GREAT city site... stone, 2 cattle, corn, a couple of floodplains, and a bunch of grassland hills. Montezuma's troops are shifted outside my borders. I send my scout to explore lands nearby and pop mysticism from the hut right outside me border.

Turn 2: Montezuma declares war on me, sends an archer into my BFC.

Turn 3: Worldbuilder an infantry, just to teach him a lesson. Alt-Q because the infantry lost against his archer.

The end. I was shooting for 10 Huge, Emperor game victories in a row. This was my 10th game. :spear::mad::gripe::wallbash::aargh:[pissed]:badcomp::ar15:

My shortest game ever lasted 3 turns...

Turn 1: The Dawn of Time. I, Cyrus, start on the same square as Montezuma on Emperor difficulty. This is a GREAT city site... stone, 2 cattle, corn, a couple of floodplains, and a bunch of grassland hills. Montezuma's troops are shifted outside my borders. I send my scout to explore lands nearby and pop mysticism from the hut right outside me border.

Turn 2: Montezuma declares war on me, sends an archer into my BFC.

Turn 3: Worldbuilder an infantry, just to teach him a lesson. Alt-Q because the infantry lost against his archer.

The end. I was shooting for 10 Huge, Emperor game victories in a row. This was my 10th game. :spear::mad::gripe::wallbash::aargh:[pissed]:badcomp::ar15:

Ouch... That's painful.

Shortest for me- 1. move settler, tell scout to explore. 2. settle, Tell city to produce Warrior. 3 Barbarian warrior appears. 4. YOU LOSE. 5. Cry myself to sleep

Shortest for me- 1. move settler, tell scout to explore. 2. settle, Tell city to produce Warrior. 3 Barbarian warrior appears. 4. YOU LOSE. 5. Cry myself to sleep

Tragically, this bears a striking resemblance to the series of events that occurred to me in a bar not too long ago. :lol::lol:

What difficulty / mods are you guys playing where the game skips wild animals and just sends barb warriors.

Well obviously since you didn't have the needed tech for infantry, the infantry guy had no clue how to use his rifle (other than as a club) and thus lost to the superior (and appropriately trained) archer.

Seriously though, I call foul on this one. AI don't declare war on turn 2, nor should their explorer unit be immediately next to your capital. :splat:

Brokeback Mountain? I think a Ivan and Oleg's Excellent Adventure would make a better story.

Uhhhhh........ Maybe I'm going over the line with this, but I don't think that's what he means.

My shortest game was on Civ III (I never really fell for IV)
It was on a scenario called "The Tiger" or something, and everybody started on the same small island. I started as Carthage, and had superior units accordingly. I won after 20 minutes :p

Never played that map again...

Was this game on Raging Barbarians? That is a bad beat. I normally don't see animals for a little longer without it, and certainly not warriors.

What difficulty is this? Ultra-deity? where barbarians can enter your borders much faster than normal....

What difficulty is this? Ultra-deity? where barbarians can enter your borders much faster than normal....

It's a special level called "Meier" that's unlocked when you win Deity with all leaders and all victory conditions.

It's a special level called "Meier" that's unlocked when you win Deity with all leaders and all victory conditions.

Really, or are you just ****** with me?

Top Bottom