The Six-Months War; Take Two

ROOSEVELT WINS IN LANDSLIDE!!

Theodore Roosevelt won the 1916 American Presidential Election with a landslide 86% of the vote, clinching nearly every state except for North Dakota and Minnesota, which were just barely won by Caine. President Roosevelt and Vice President Culp attended a victory party in Boston with major supporters and party members. Roosevelt was quoted saying, "this war is basically over, and if it doesn't end during my presidency, it will never end". Vice President Culp also was quoted saying, during a conversation about the election, "If you honestly believe Caine had a chance in winning, you're a damned fool! Only an act of God would have prevented Teddy from getting an fifth term."

Representative Caine won the states of North Dakota and Minnesota in the election by a slim margin, winning a meager 11% of the vote. Paul Orton, a member of the extremely left-wing and shady Lincolnist faction, received an astounding 3% of the vote after Abraham Lincoln was finally taken off the ballot due to what is believed to be serious illness or death. The national authorities remind everyone that the Lincolnists are an illegal organization due to their violent actions, and any information about their whereabouts in Montana is to be rewarded if it leads to the capture of members.

OOC: 86% is a huge number. Even getting 56% of the vote would be a landslide win. 86% seems huge.

To: Empire Of Japan

Due to the Treaty of Tokyo our Empires come in close contact with eachother. I would like to extend the hand of friendship, offering trade and non-agression to keep peace in this region. Do you accept?

OOC: 86% is a huge number. Even getting 56% of the vote would be a landslide win. 86% seems huge.

Of course it's huge...I wanted to get the point across on how popular this man is. Sure, maybe its a smidge too high, but I pulled it out of my arse, so blarg. If you got the idea that he won by a huge margin and the people love him, then the numbers don't matter.

Well, he's so manly that anyone who votes against him is a woman. Who still haven't got the vote

Wrong. Women got the right to vote in 1906 (or somewhere TR's second term). It was a main campaign goal for TR and the Progressive Party at that point. Besides, not only is he the ultimate manly man, but he's the ultimate ladies man. You could most likely see him in a Dos Equis commercial. :p

Can i play as the Dutch?

Brasil Mundo Periodico

Gran Bretaña Crippled- An Empire Fallen?
With the British Empire's Dominions and territories threatened or in revolt all across the globe, and her navy at the bottom of the North and Carribean Seas, the continuing World War, as Brazillian journalists have so dubbed it, is not going well for them. With the allied navy blockading the British home islands, they are cut off from the supplies of their World Empire, and the citizens are feeling the pressure there. Continued on 2A

La Plata ready for peace-
With the British Empire unable to send reinforcements and the Brazillian army rolling through the country, the government of La Plata is ready to start negotiating for peace. The slow advance south along the coast and the Allies' extreme naval superiority is believed to be a factor in this. The Chilean Government has put forth what they believe to be a fair treaty- The Republic of Brazil is still.. Continued on 2A

Brasil es Alianza es victoria en América- American Continents Liberated
Allied control of the Western Hemisphere is guaranteed through the stunning naval victories in Europe and the Carribean over the Entente the past two years, mostly due to the American's highly skilled sailors and the German Empire's new Kaiser-Class Dreadnought. The Brazillian Government has issued a statement that it will be purchasing the designs for these new Battleships, in anticipation of the.. Continued on 5A

Diplomacy:

To: Venezuela

Of course.

TO: Chile

Interesting. We will consider it.

TO: Uruguay

You will receive your 2 EP by June of this year.

TO: World

Brazil hereby recognizes the Mexican Republic as a sovereign state.

Brazil hereby recognizes the Irish Republic as a sovereign state.

TO: Republic of Mexico

Brazil officially welcomes the Republic of Mexico to the international scene- in an act of friendship and good will, we will be sending you 2 EP this year to get yourself established properly. Hopefully this can lead to peaceful and friendly relations between our two nations.

EDIT: OOC: i'm so sorry to hear about the death in the family, lizard. my condolences.

My darling Sarah,

Everyday I wake to the sound of gunfire and the scrape of metal and do not see your face, a part of me dies. These past few weeks have been hard on every man. Drills are more frequent, and more brutal, than ever it seems. We are reminded to eat heartily, for we shall need it, but I find that I cannot enjoy my breakfast without your smile above it. The food here is horrible. They tell us that it's imported from France, but we know better. The slop they feed us, and the 'waffles', are tasteless jokes. Even as I speak, I can hear the horns. We'll be called into the mess-hall soon, and then excercizes. It is pain, to be here in this burning sun and the blustering wind. The washing of our uniforms is a battle of itself, the dirt and wind does stain them so. I must end this letter now, Sarah, the others are waking. The day begins.

With love, Mark Jastine

Can i play as the Dutch?
They are taken I believe.

To: World
CC: Republic of Mexico

Italy officialy recognizes the Republic of Mexico as a soviergn nation.

To: Rep. Of Mexico

We are willing to offer you financial aid if you wish.

Btw is Espoir still France?

From The Empire of Japan
To The Dutch Empire

As the spring flower blooms after the clouds of war have rolled back, so does our dedication to maintain peace and prosperity throughout the Pacific. We accept your 5 year Non-Aggression Pact.

Can i play as the Dutch?

OOC: I like how my diplo was two posts above, but I like more how my name isnt in the stats ! :mad:

IC:

To: The Empire of Japan

Excellent. We are glad you have accepted.

OOC: I like how my diplo was two posts above, but I like more how my name isnt in the stats ! :mad:

I only looked at the stats, sorry ;)

Bernadino Mercado sat at the table at the foreign Ministry of Portuagl, he was flanked by generals, MPs, the Prime Minister and the widow and children of Manuel de Arriaga. He said to the crowd of journalist,
"Today, we make peace with Spain, in the memory of Manuel De Arriga, whom in his final days wanted to bring peace to Iberia. He unforutanely was not able to make a fair agreement with Spain and its allies during his lifetime, but when we moved back towards a war stance, we never gave up on diplomacy and finally today we reveal and sign a brakethrough.We would like to thank Germany for brokering this deal. Now we shall end the war, and as a symbol of good faith we shall give aid (1 EP) to Spain help them recover and to strengthen the connects between the people of Iberia."
The President signed the treaty.
Treaty of Barcelona

1. Portugal, Spain, and Germany will make peace.
2. Portugal will withdrawal all troops from Spanish land.
3. Portugal will pay Spain 1 EP in reparations.
4. Current borders will be established in Africa.

Signed,
Bernadino Mercado,
President of Portugal

OOC: Now that the war is over, RAPID FIRE DIPLOMACY!
IC:

TO: Brazil

Seeing our many cultural connections, and common heritage we would like to start a new chapter of cooperation. We would like to open this deal with a trade agreement.

TO: SPAIN

We would like to begin a new era in our history, we wish to open a new chapter in our diplomatic relations. Perhaps we shall form a trade agreement, or even one day an Iberian defensive pact.

TO: THE DUTCH EMPIRE

Seeing the sucess of our first trade deal, we would like to begin talks on another deal to benefit our nations.

TO: THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN, WALES, SCOTLAND AND (OOC: Parts of :lol:)IRELAND

Seeing the Portugal's new peace with Spain, we request you pull out of Northern Spain and station your troops in Portugal until they can return home safely.

Lol.. okay. A lot to catch up on. I will answer all 34,567 PM's right after this, initiate NPC diplo with all who wanted it, AND add Icmancin's names to the stats (eh, you were on there, but when I updated them, the stats I was using didn't have your name.. so..)

Lol.. okay. A lot to catch up on. I will answer all 34,567 PM's right after this, initiate NPC diplo with all who wanted it, AND add Icmancin's names to the stats (eh, you were on there, but when I updated them, the stats I was using didn't have your name.. so..)

Wait, while your adding names, could you add me too?

OOC: Good job keeping up with the stats. I had (rather impatiently, perhaps) noticed that my stats were wrong, but you seem to have updated them. Thanks :)

To: The U.K., Japan

The Treaty of Tokyo

1. All hostilities between the United Kingdom of Great Britain, the Japanese Empire and the Kingdom of Siam shall cease immediately.

2. All prisoners of war shall be returned, unharmed, to their respective nations.

3. The United Kingdom of Great Britain shall relinquish all its Pacific Colonies to the Empire of Japan

4. The United Kingdom of Great Britain shall not send any military naval vessels into the Pacific without the express permission of the Empire of Japan.

5. The Kingdom of Siam and the Empire of Japan shall keep all territories conquered in regards to Burma, Malay, and Singapore. The map below shall outline these territories.

6. The Empire of Japan shall sign a 10 year Non-Aggression Pact with the Dominions of Australia and New Zealand.

Signed
Emperor Taishō
Prime Minister David Lloyd George

Signed; Vajiravudh, The Commonwealth

To: Brazil

Sounds good.

To: Brazil

We appreciate that very much. Once we can secure ourselves, and beat back those French imperialists, we look forward to a peaceful future with you.

To: Italy

Any financial aid you can send would be very much appreciated.

To: Portugal

We are still looking over the peace treaty, and are currently awaiting a bit of conformation from Germany. But, the future between our two states is looking better and better.. we shall see after the signing, yes?

OOC: Thank you Eltain, that means a lot.

And yes, citizen, I'll add your name. Sorry haha.

And also, just saying, it might be simpler to sign one massive treaty, wouldn't it?

i.e. instead of England and Portugal at peace with Germany and Spain, with Portugal then at peace with America, who is still at war with Britain, etc. why not have a world armistace, or something.. in which this stuff can be discussed? Maybe a social group? I don't know. However you kids wanna handle it is fine by me- just throwing suggestions out there..

i.e. instead of England and Portugal at peace with Germany and Spain, with Portugal then at peace with America, who is still at war with Britain, etc. why not have a world armistace, or something.. in which this stuff can be discussed? Maybe a social group? I don't know. However you kids wanna handle it is fine by me- just throwing suggestions out there..
I agree w/ that it sounds more realistic, and less confusing, and can have subpoints with each country
EX:

UK, I
They do Blah blah and blah

France II,
Blah Blah blah,

So on and so forth :)

IC:
To: The Republic of Mexico

We will send you 4 EP as an economic booster, we hope this helps :)

To: Foreign Investors of the World

CC: Portuguese Economic Investment BONDS! (PEIBONDS)
The Republic of Portugal preparing to usher in a new era of economic prosperity, with an industrial overhaul of the nation. Portugal is a very stable nation (in fact its stablity is second to none) with resources in Africa and Asia. With the end of the Great War quickly rapidly approaching, the return to economic growth must continue as nations demoblize thier economies. Portugal will also overhaul its road, canal and rail systems with new investment in communication to bring Portugal in to the modern era and beyond! Finally Portugal shall annouce the the Lisbon Programme, a social reform Plan to assist the people of Portugal to the dawn of the new millenium!
For Questions and Comments contact the Portuguese Foriegn Ministry, Department of Foreign investment

Top Bottom