Votes: 23 25.6%
  • War Chariot

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Bowman

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Can't decide/Depends on too much to say/choices are wrong/other

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
I like the war chariot because the early game is generally death or expansion.

If the terrain is not Ideal for the war chariot, then only the hoplite. Since the title I take to be a reference to early use, I didn't vote for the hopite which to me is a medevial unit.....unless the barbarians are on the prowl.

Originally posted by wildWolverine
That said, I must state the obvious: the F-15 is clearly the best UU in the game (ancient or otherwise) :rolleyes:

You idiot!!! My Man-o-Wars will blow you away!:lol:

War Chariots for me, they are cheap and powerful, and they survive battles. :)

Hoplites for sure, get 2 of these in an ancient/middle age city, and watch the attackers die on your doorstep.

I prefer the Jag because it can double as a scout early on provided barb level is low. Good for exploring and harassing. Usually I can stack about five and take my neighbor's capital city early on.

Numidian Mercenaries rock! They have a small attack score for an extra 10 shields compared to the Hoplite. They also have that awesome 3 defense! :cool:

Originally posted by Kangaroo Boy
Also, I've always almost thought that the jag warrior turns the aztecs into a militaristic, religious, semi-expansionist civ since it performs as a scout that won't be killed by roaming barbarians.
A semi-expansionist civ without a UU, that is.

2 jags is usually better than 1 impi or 1 war chariot. right?

The Hoplite rules. It has a defense equal to a Pikeman, which doesn't come for everyone else until the next age - awesome.

I never seem to have enough money super-early in the game to support the troops it requires for those "jag-rush" strategies, but the jag does make a great subsitute scout, giving the Aztecs (more or less) the unofficial third trait of expansionist!

I my donkey kicked by the jags, tried them out my self and loved it. The fact the azetecs are in north america on the map map it all the better.

It's the Numidian Mercenary for me! It can defeat a lot of ancient defenses and then use it's own 3 defense to ward off most attacks trying to retake the city.

I do like the Impi and Hoplite as well, but not quite as much as the NM.

I prefer Impis over Hoplites by a slight margin. The Hoplite's one drawback is that since they don't upgrade to Pikeman, upgrading your army after you develop gunpowder costs a fortune.

The Jag, WC and Hoplite come out about even imho - with a slight preference for the first two as it is easier to trigger a GA on your own terms with them. The Bowman is OK if you know how to execute an archer rush, but hampered by a sucky upgrade path (I mean, whoever builds longbows unless they have no alternative !). The NuMe is simply way too expensive, and to use them as attackers is an almost criminal waste of shields.
I haven't played as Zulu enough to be able to say something about the Impi, but I like them as they are on paper.

Originally posted by Coorae
2 jags is usually better than 1 impi or 1 war chariot. right?

It depends on the game ... don't forget that the GPT thing is by unit ... So 2 jags = 2GPT ...

Top Bottom