• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
Resource icon

The Test of Time 1003

keep getting great mercs way before i get a financial district and aren't able to use them.

I have noticed that the ones that require the Financial District are coming up sooner then expected. this should be change and next update
I already changed it my end:- 1002 Patch notes:

Great Merchants from Classical, Medieval, Renaissance now require Merchant Quarter.
Regraded Warmonger points. Grades up by 3(3,6,9,12 ect) per Era starting in Classical.
Watchtower change to Guard Tower:
  • Guard Tower provides +1 Range to stationed units and +10 Inner Defences.
Tweaks to the Game Calender.
Fixed Cook Shop and Butcher Prereq's been wrong way around.
Increased upgrade costs by 10%.
Farmstead now provides +1 food for each adjacent Farm or Pasture.
Increased Farmstead food yield by +2.
Farmstead moved to Merchant Quarter.
Project GP Points reduced to 1/4 of Vanilla.
Updated Settler text.
Added Default Icon for Merchant Quarter Project.
Increased Unique Improvement Yields:-
  • +1 Faith for Sphinx, Mission, Colossal Head, Kurgan.
  • +1 Culture for Zigguratand Chateau.
  • +1 Production for Fort.
  • +1 Production and Gold for Roman Fort.
  • Chateau housing increased to 1.
Included Detail Worlds mod. (Since some of you are reporting issues)
Included Wondrous Wonders.
Tweaked Barbarians:-
  • Added Heavy Chariot and Heavy Cavalry classes to Cavalry Tribe.
  • Added Masonary as a Free Tech for Barbs.
  • Increased Barbarian tech rate to 70%.
  • Increased odds of Camp spawning by 50%.
  • Increased boldness to pillage and attack cites slightly.
Removed the Food reduction from Dungeon, Prison, Military Ground, Military Camp, Tournament Ground due to the AI refusing to build these buildings due to the minus too Food.

In gameplay\HS_Building.xml in row
<Row BuildingType="BUILDING_MONASTERY" Name="LOC_HMP_BUILDING_MONASTERY_NAME" PrereqCivic="CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT" PrereqDistrict="DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" Cost="150" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_RELIGIOUS" Housing="1"/>
your forget put DESC section, i dont see description about this building in civilopedia.
By analogy i correct to
<Row BuildingType="BUILDING_MONASTERY" Name="LOC_HMP_BUILDING_MONASTERY_NAME" Description="LOC_HMP_BUILDING_MONASTERY_DESC" PrereqCivic="CIVIC_DIVINE_RIGHT" PrereqDistrict="DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" Cost="150" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_RELIGIOUS" Housing="1"/>
And all ok.

In text\hs_buildingtext.xml in
<Row Tag="LOC_BUILDING_MANOR_DESC" Language="en_US">
<Text>[ICON_RESOURCE_PEARLS] Perals, [ICON_RESOURCE_DIAMONDS] Diamonds and [ICON_RESOURCE_SILVER] Silver resources gain +1 [ICON_CULTURE] Culture each.</Text>
</Row>

orphographic mistake in 'Perals'

3 same file
<Row Tag="LOC_BUILDING_FISH_MARKET_DESC" Language="en_US">
<Text>[ICON_RESOURCE_CRABS] Crabs, [ICON_RESOURCE_PEARLS] Pearls [ICON_RESOURCE_FISH] and Fish resources gain +1 [ICON_FOOD] Food each.</Text>
</Row>

--> [ICON_RESOURCE_PEARLS] Pearls [ICON_RESOURCE_FISH] and Fish resources gain
must be [ICON_RESOURCE_PEARLS] Pearls and [ICON_RESOURCE_FISH] Fish resources gain

Last edited:
I already changed it my end:- 1002 Patch notes:

Is that update live? the DL link still says v1001.

Amazing mod BTW, I absolutely love the changes made to the game speed. I only have the patience for slug, but I love being able to build units before the era is over.

On a balance note, the Archer serves little purpose as far as I can tell. Combat strength is still Ancient Era level.

1002 is not live, and probably wont be for a week at best. I am a firm beleiver in slow substantial updates over quick small ones.
I will look at the Archer. (All ranged and Siege units tbh, going to overhaul them)

Hey, big fan of this mod. However, I am reather troubled by the fact the AI is always able to amass huge armies withiout suffering the economic consequences, is it meant to be like that or is that just solely because I am playing on Emperor difficulty? Thanks for the reply in advance.

getting up to 30+ sec time between turns around the 230 turn mark just with 6 civs (including me)

Alright Horem, I meant to give this reply last night, but I was a few drinks in, :beer: and couldn't keep my thoughts straight. I have a lot of feed back for this fantastic mod. I feel about this mod like I did about the release of VI; great start, will be even better after it's ironed out. :c5happy:

Hey, big fan of this mod. However, I am reather troubled by the fact the AI is always able to amass huge armies without suffering the economic consequences, is it meant to be like that or is that just solely because I am playing on Emperor difficulty? Thanks for the reply in advance.

getting up to 30+ sec time between turns around the 230 turn mark just with 6 civs (including me)

Pretty sure that those two are related. I had a game last night on King as Victoria with Mvemba and Pedro on my home continent. Both were spamming the horsehocky out of spear men by mid-Classical. Mvemba was playing the Great Merchant game really hard, so I think that he may actually have been able to sustain it. I had about a dozen units, w/Conscription I was able to maintain 60+ GPT. That was also turn 250+, on tortoise. No idea how y'all can play those longer games.

I noticed that the Settlers were not taking 2 population upon completion.

Now I can't remember what else I was gonna say. :hammer2:

Guess I'll start another game and let you know what I come up with.

Great job so far though!

Thank you every one for the feed back. Its is very important to us to have more eyes on the mod now, as balancing can be a nightmare.

As horem mentioned we plan to release 1002 soon to make those adjusts.
I noticed that the Settlers were not taking 2 population upon completion.

I want to be clear you are seeing that the Settlers are not costing 2 pop?

they cost 4 pop for me

I re looked in the coded and did not noticed 4. It set to 2

So i found this odd; can you post a screens shot of before the settler is built with one after it is built

EDIT: Just to be clear, the city must be size 4, and once it is build it cost 2, is that is what your are seeing?

Last edited:
I re looked in the coded and did not noticed 4. It set to 2

So i found this odd; can you post a screens shot of before the settler is built with one after it is built

EDIT: Just to be clear, the city must be size 4, and once it is build it cost 2, is that is what your are seeing?
For me the city size must be 4 instead of 2, but it only takes 1 pop away from the city on completion.

I also have the problem where the AI is able to not only support an army of about 30-40 units in the late classical era, but also still making ~40 GPT. Not sure what's going on there, but oh boy was I friendly with the Aztecs when they were next to me >.>

very good mod is beter game realy, but i got bug - names to is changed is mising and i see somting like code name from sorce name

very good mod is beter game realy, but i got bug - names to is changed is mising and i see somting like code name from sorce name
Im guessing thsi the the Great People? (working on fixing that) if not the mod currently only supports en_US.

The settler population issue, I do not think it is saved when you reload/restart. Will test it later this afternoon.

What I would suggest, maybe a weak suggestion, but you could limit the unit amount per city i.e. if u have 4 cities you can only build like 20 military units. Then gradually as the game progresses you can introduce a military civic that increases that number by 'n' so if you have 4 cities, you can build 30 units and so forth. Hopefully helpful. :)

Top Bottom