thecowwarrior's Variety Mod

thecowwarrior

Warlord
thecowwarrior's Variety Mod v1.05

Your custom games feeling a little bland? Give this Mod a try and spice up your game! It includes 46 added Leaderheads (5 reskinned from original game, 30 to existing civilizations, and 11 to new civilizations), 6 new civilizations, 5 new wonders, 1 new world project, 4 new traits, and gives every civilization flavored units and buildings.

New Leaderheads:
Spoiler :

New Leaders Traits/Favorite Civics:
Spoiler :
If suggested traits were available for these Leaderheads, I usually used them. Otherwise, I tried to keep them logical, but at times chose traits to help round out a civilizations' options, or if not much historical information is available about the person, I basically randomly picked traits. I'm not opposed to tweaking these if given more appropriate suggestions.

New Civilizations:
Spoiler :

New Traits:
Spoiler :

New Wonders and World Project:
Spoiler :

This Mod combines many different Mods found on CivFanatics into one. I originally created this for my friends and I to use, but it turned out pretty nice so I figured I'd post it here too. My aim is to create a Mod that adds only the best of the best user made content to the game. Unlike similar Modcomps out there, I went for a quality over quantity approach - I didn't add 50 new civilizations and 250 new Leaderheads just because I could have, and didn't make sweeping changes to the gameplay or interface. I want my Mod to feel more like an official expansion pack than a total conversion. The Civ 4 gameplay we all know and love is intact in my Mod, and hopefully what I have added is nearly indistinguishable in quality from the work Firaxis has done.

I want to stress that very little of this Mod is original work done by me; I simply combined my favorite Mods into one. Full credits are listed at the bottom of this page. Thank the original authors for all their hard work if you like my Mod! If you enjoy playing this though, please take a moment to rate it!

List of Other Changes/Additions:

Added a few Great Generals and Great Artists to the lists.

Changed the English Empire to the British Empire. Changed their flag to the Union Jack, modified the city list to include cities from across the United Kingdom, and added unique names to the Redcoat units.

America's "star" flag to the Betsy Ross flag, and the Japanese flag to the Rising Sun flag.

Massive graphics/flavor overhaul by adding Ethnic Mix More in Blue and Ethnic Citystyles Mods. Added in v1.04, the barbarian units are now unique as well.

Installation Instructions (NOTE YOUR PATH TO GAME DIRECTORY MAY BE DIFFERENT):

Extract thecowwarrior’s Variety Mod folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I recommend using WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract the files.

Known Issues:

All the issues I was aware of from the previous release have been fixed. If you notice any problems, post it the thread and I will do my best to resolve them. This Mod was created and playtested on BTS 3.19, and is multiplayer compatible as long as all players have the latest version installed.

Thread Here!

Future:

Making this has been a learning experience for me. I never once looked at XML code before starting this, but I have learned quite a lot. I've enjoyed making my Mod, and I will likely return to it fairly soon - I have a few more ideas for things to add.

Credits & Thanks:
As my Mod continues to grow, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of where everything is coming from. This is my best attempt to give credit where credit is due, if I have missed someone, let me know and I will add them ASAP! Full credits here:

Spoiler :

[LH] Adolf Hitler by The Capo, Ekmek, Bernie14, The_Coyote, Smeagolheart, Chuggi

[LH] Dido (v1) by The Capo, Ekmek, The_Coyote

King Solomon w/Israel Civ [MODULAR] v2] by Nzk13, The_Capo

ETHNIC MIX MORE IN BLUE by coffee junkie

Ethnic Citystyles by GeoModder

Trafalgar Square [Modular] by asioasioasio

Eden Project (XML+Python) by tsentom1

Great Britain by Mozza (For Redcoat unique names & UK city list

[LH] El Cid by Ekmek

Fidel Castro by Bernie14

Harald Hardrada by C.Roland

Rise of Empires 3.5 (Henry VIII, Hirohito) by Seasnake

Kim Jong Ill by bernie14

[LH] Louis (History of the World part1) by cfkane

[LH] Maurits van Nassau (v1) by The Capo

[LH] Nero by Ekmek

[LH] Vercingetorix by The Capo

[LH] Jingu (former [LH] Female Asian) by saibotlieh

[LH] Chandragupta Maurya (v1) by The_Capo

[LH] Xerxes by cfkane

[BTS Module] Barbarian UnitArtstyle by Fierabras

Torii Gate by Voyhkah, Chamaedrys

Empire State Building by Voyhkah

[LH] Osman I by smeagolheart

Hun Civ (updated) BtS Modular by strategyonly (Modified HEAVILY by me)

[LH] Attila the Hun (v3) by Ekmek

[LH] Ruga by Nitram15

[LH] Ishtar by Smeagolheart

[BtS] Canada Mod - Deluxe 2.0 by Wyz_sub10 (Modified a bit by me)

Topkapi Palace Wonder (XML+Python) by tsentom1

[LH] Ataturk v2 (final) by Ekmek

Leonardo's Workshop Wonder (XML+Python) by tsentom1

New Traits by tsentom1

[LH] Henry The Navigator v2 by Ekmek

LH's from Colonization (Crazy Horse, George III, Gustav, Henry VIII, Johan de Witt, John A. Macdonald, Philip II of Spain, Red Cloud, Washington) by Firaxis

NEBUCHADNEZZAR II by Den9510

Nefertiti v2 by Pencilgod

[LH] Cardinal Richelieu (v1) by The Capo

[LH] Theodore Roosevelt by dutchking

[BtS] CIV Gold 5.0 (Tarkan Unit art, Alexander LH, Philip II of Macdeon LH, Richard I LH, Austrian Empire (modified), Cuban Empire, & Swedish Empire (modified)) by Wyz_sub10, Fierabras, CIV Gold Team

Hunnic Camp UB from [BTS 3.17] MyMod by Gurra09

Edited Bismarck and Gandhi LH's from darkciv (BtS v3.17) by evertebrate

Also, thanks to Wikipedia for most of the Civilopedia entries for the added Leaderheads.

I want to personally thank some of the great Modders here - Nitram15, tsentom1, The Capo, Smeagolheart, Wolfshanze, Ekmek, cfkane jump immediately to mind - for the fantastic Mods they have made and guides they have written. Without their work, among all the others, I could never have made this.

Huge update coming in the next week or so!

Top Bottom