TheToddfather's Empire Earth MOD

TheToddfather

Chieftain
Hey everyone,

This is my first ever MOD for any game, so be gentle :blush:

So the overall goal is to create one big MOD adding new Techs, Units, Eras and such to create a much more involved and epic experience. I am very much still learning the code and the modbuddy software as I have never done anything like this before aside from some fun editing C&C Red Alert back in the day lol.

So far I have integrated much of the Total MOD by blazekid87 and managed to get some things in that mod working that didn't seem to work for me originally like the Caveman units and the New buildings. I have no clue why they wouldn't work for me originally, but I have managed to get them working nicely in the mod I've created along side some other really great mods as well. At this point I have spent most of my time getting the mods all working together and editing code such as resources, unit hit points, city defense... etc.

I have changed the one unit per plot to two units per plot. Personally, I enjoyed the strategy the vanilla Civ V tried to employ and wanted to keep that as much as possible, but felt one unit was too restrictive and often frustrating when trying to organize and deply my forces. So I modified it to two units and I think this works nicely. The only issue I have found with this is other units from other civs sometimes stack on mine. This doesn't cause war, but I'd prefer being able to block that from happening. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to prevent this, and any help from more experienced modders would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I thought I'd put this page up in case anyone has suggestions, help or comments. I'm working hard at getting out version 3 and want to make some big changes before putting it up. Hope you are enjoying the mod, thanks for stopping by :D

TheToddfather.

Uploaded version 2. I'll post changes and credits here soon. Please offer any suggestions or comments here! Thanks for trying my MOD.

Hello,

I'm using your mod which is quite interesting, but I have two big problems :
  • I don't have maintenace cost for roads and buidlings (only for units)
  • I don't have unhappiness from citizen in cities

Is it normal ? Note that I disabled all other mod.

I'm trying your mod right now, and some ideas are interesting. Hopefully these pointers can help you improve some of its flaws and imbalances:

• There is no maintenance cost for roads/railroads or buildings.
  • There is no unhappiness from population, and VERY little from the number of cities. In fact founding and connecting new cities with meritocracy RAISES happiness rather than the other way around.
  • There is absolutely no way to connect your ''wood'' resource, which makes it impossible to train some units and wastes some good tiles (you cannot improve tiles with the ''wood'' resource in any way except with great people and fortresses). I would really suggest removing it altogether. Just doesn't make a lot of sense seeing how forests are plentiful in the game. It's just an annoyance.
  • ALL pearls have been replaced by your ''crabs'' resource, however cities still demand pearls (for the ''Love the King'' day).
  • Research is actually even more imbalanced than in the retail game.
  • Most AI players seem to struggle with the new parameters. Many of them never even found a second city.
  • Your ''map making'' technology is absolutely useless, as there is still no way to trade maps even after researching it.

That's all I can think of right now but if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

As I said earlier I think this mod contains some interesting ideas, but as it is now it's not enjoyable because of some of the flaws I mentioned. Small changes can make the game extremely unbalanced.

In my game it's the year 310 BC, I'm well into industrial era (one tech away from modern era and I didn't bee line), pumping 976 science per turn, making 778 gold per turn (despite having the largest army in the world) during a golden age, 302 happiness (!) and pumping 743 culture per turn with 29 cities and over 37 million population. I'll have Cristo Redentor built before Jesus is actually born... :crazyeye:

P.S.: I'm using version 2 of your mod, all other mods disabled. Playing Napoleon on Prince, huge earth map with ''abundant'' resources, if that helps.

Hahahahaha, yah sorry for these crazy imbalances. As I said, very very much a work in progress. I thought I'd share what I had so far but thanks for the suggestions, helps me know where changes are needed.

I'm glad to see some people are enjoying it anyway :)

this mod many problems (using v4)

1. city states build settlers instead of army units
2. ai wont expand half the time they just build 1 city
3. happiness is too easy to get brothels are too powerful maybe have them so you can build them later because i don't know any prehistoric brothels?! LOL
4. no road maintence makes it too easy to make gold
5. mod crashes A LOT everytime i use it it always crash sometimes early sometimes later on in game. normal game it doesn't crash (no mods)
6. wood appears on terrain that you can't build a lumber mill on (snow, hills with no forest etc)
7. ranged units and cities can fire 3 tiles away this is wrong.

Top Bottom