Things about warlords

flamingzaroc121

Emperor
two things ive noticed so far about warlords is 1. culture bombs dont work nearly as well as they used to(trust me i checked on settler) and 2. for some reason i sould build the statue of liberty in a river. any thoughts?

P.S. the aqueducts are alot smaller i could hardly see them

I'm not sure how this is working. I was playing on noble level and culture-bombed a recently-captured city. It did immediately remove the "fist" and allow production. However, it only expanded the culture line to the east in the first turn. No, it wasn't up against another civ in the west; the land was unowned. A couple of turns later the culture bomb seemed to "finish" and expand out the cultural borders. Maybe they staggered the effect?

well i had aa really small city and i culture bombed(there was another civ around) and only got 2 or three squares into their culture

Later in that same game, I also noticed a Statue of Liberty in a river.

I'm guessing they made the aqeducts smaller so people wouldn't confuse them with the great wall. When I first saw one of the new ones.. I thought it was a railroad tile.:rolleyes:

As far as I recall, the statue of liberty could always be built on inland cities, as far back as vanilla CivIV. But I never knew that the city had to at least be by a river... Interesting.

Arvedui said:
As far as I recall, the statue of liberty could always be built on inland cities, as far back as vanilla CivIV. But I never knew that the city had to at least be by a river... Interesting.

No, it is possible to build the Statue of Liberty in a landlocked city with no river. I tested the possibility by starting a new game of Warlords, giving myself a couple cities and a batch of techs. All that is needed to build the Statue of Liberty is a forge and knowledge of Democracy.

1.61's Civ4BuildingInfos.xml :
Code:
<BuildingInfo>
	<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_GREAT_LIGHTHOUSE</BuildingClass>
	<bWater>1</bWater>
	<bRiver>0</bRiver>
</BuildingInfo>
<BuildingInfo>
	<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_STATUE_OF_LIBERTY</BuildingClass>
	<bWater>0</bWater>
	<bRiver>0</bRiver>
</BuildingInfo>
<BuildingInfo>
	<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_THREEGORGESDAM</BuildingClass>
	<bWater>0</bWater>
	<bRiver>1</bRiver>
</BuildingInfo>

I have to agree with Tristan.

I was able to build the SoL, too, with just a forge and knowledge of democracy, as you can see in the screenshot.
No need for a river or water tile to be present next to the city.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 138
thats weird , i mean if the great lighthouse and colosuss have to be built next to a ocean, why shouldnt the SoL

flamingzaroc121 said:
thats weird , i mean if the great lighthouse and colosuss have to be built next to a ocean, why shouldnt the SoL

Because the SoL's effect has nothing to do with water.

New York just "happened" to stick the thing on an island, I guess- the fact that it was put there because it was our biggest port city didnt matter to the designers.

Palantir30 said:
Because the SoL's effect has nothing to do with water.

New York just "happened" to stick the thing on an island, I guess- the fact that it was put there because it was our biggest port city didnt matter to the designers.

Bright day
I though the placement is usually part of design? And the location was chosen because it was biggest port and received large part of international commute. Sp that first thing you saw of USA was Statue of Liberty? :confused:

AFAIK the Statue of liberty wasn&#180;t designed specifically to be located at liberty island.
It was a present of france and the americans could have put it everywhere they wanted (for example Washington)

Top Bottom