This game is bad and you should feel bad for buying it

mitsuko

Chieftain
People who bought this game full price are the reason video games suck now. The video game companies rush out buggy half assed half finished games with the rest to sold as dlc because they know a large portion of their customer base are literally dumb enough to buy anything. There is no one with a functioning brain who could have seen the previews and first looks of Civ 6 and still thought it was worth purchasing right now.

Moderator Action: Please refrain from using language such as "no one with a functioning brain" and other dismissive language.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
People who bought this game full price are the reason video games suck now. The video game companies rush out buggy half assed half finished games with the rest to sold as dlc because they know a large portion of their customer base are literally dumb enough to buy anything. There is no one with a functioning brain who could have seen the previews and first looks of Civ 6 and still thought it was worth purchasing right now.

You sir are a troll but I will still feed you anyways. I however am also a Troll. I knew that by buying this game early I would be contributing to game companies releasing games. This in term will trigger trolls like you. Therefore, you have been out trolled.

Moderator Action: Calling another poster a troll is trolling. Please do not do this again.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this what happens when you take 600 bottles of skooma?

The gaming industry has adjusted its practices to accomodate more and more complex games. The player base has largely responded by adjusting their expectations accordingly.

A salty minority has failed to make this adjustment, and are now reduced to futile rants on the forums. These people are sources of amusement to those who have adapted.

Mmm, salt. So tasty.

I still
The gaming industry has adjusted its practices to accomodate more and more complex games. The player base has largely responded by adjusting their expectations accordingly.

A salty minority has failed to make this adjustment, and are now reduced to futile rants on the forums. These people are sources of amusement to those who have adapted.

Mmm, salt. So tasty.

I still remember the days when patching via the internet was uncommon, and games were generally released 'good to go' from day 1.

There's definitely a grain of truth in what the OP is saying.

Civ6 is NOT worth paying for at full price right now!

I mean, I only feel 'slightly' bad for buying it :). That first day with this game, was fantastic. Then I saw the AI, and I saw how easy it was to win playing half-heartedly, and yes, i got sad.

... But still, that first day! :)

Any time someone says 'anyone with a functioning brain' agrees with my OPINION, it makes me question the functionality of their brain. To offer your opinion is one thing, to say it is the only opinion is morose. My opinion; some bugs and imbalance made it through. It's Civ, it always does. They'll get patched. As for me, when I see the potential of this iteration making its evolution, ala CiV, I'm excited. I see a ton of potential here, but that's not to say I'm not enjoying it now. That's my opinion, but I know some people with functioning brains may disagree with it. That's what people with functioning brains do.

I still remember the days when patching via the internet was uncommon, and games were generally released 'good to go' from day 1.

My favorite video game as a kid has an entire character stat in it that is displayed but literally does nothing. The game has documented softlocks, bugs, exploits, and the speed gaming community is still looking for new ways to break the game. Still had fun. (It's a Super Nintendo game).

I think we've set the bar for Civ games ridiculously high, and then forget that other games in the genre, especially 4x games, aren't doing any better.

Games have in general become a lot more complex, it's no wonder that there's more bugs to be found. Most games from the "good old era" didn't have a third of the mechanics and depth that Civ VI has, and not a tenth of the inter-connectivity between mechanics, were instead for the most part just mathematical simulations instead of having tons of customizable functionality delivered in mechanics such as Policies, yet still managed to have tons of bugs. Hell, one of my most played games of the not quite "old days", but at least "older days", Warlords Battlecry II, crashed every hour or so because of how bad it was programmed.

But in any case, when games become so much more complex, and are expected to ship so much more complex, then of course something else will suffer in the process.
I just love people who want to have everything, have it immediately, and ideally for free.

Must be nice to be the only human being with a functioning brain in the whole world. Lonely, too. My heart goes out to the brainy one. Meanwhile, did I mention I have over 200 hours on Civ VI already? No brains, no problems. Life is good.

Must be nice to be the only human being with a functioning brain in the whole world. Lonely, too. My heart goes out to the brainy one. Meanwhile, did I mention I have over 200 hours on Civ VI already? No brains, no problems. Life is good.
You sir, have too much time on your hands.

My favorite video game as a kid has an entire character stat in it that is displayed but literally does nothing. The game has documented softlocks, bugs, exploits, and the speed gaming community is still looking for new ways to break the game. Still had fun. (It's a Super Nintendo game).
I believe that game is Final Fantasy VI (the North American SNES version is named Final Fantasy III); it even has a minimal step challenge as well!

Fun game; I played that when I was young too.

Top Bottom