This is Madness! [Game Thread]

So would you guys agree that a game with constantly changing mechanics, like this game, is bad idea? I'd like to know because I'd like to host something similar in the future.

I'm still angry >:[

I'll probably be a lot less approchable in future games

It isn't a proper mafia game unless you really hate someone at some point of the game.

I think that the more complex game is, the more power town should get when compared to mafia.
By the very nature of this game, mafia players are: (a) better informed, therefore it is easier for them to cope with complexity; (b) more motivated - not true for everyone, but a lot of people pay more attention when they are mafia.
Also, the more strange thing happens, the easier it is to hide scummy behavior IMO.

Apologies for disappearing. Work travel really took it out of me. Will probably be taking a break from games for a while.

Good game everybody, and thanks for hosting, Visor! Shout out to my scumbuddies for a fun and well executed game. And I can also definitely see how it's tricky to play townie in an unpredictable game like this.

I had no idea what was going on throughout the small portion of the game in which I was in. Whilst that's normal for me, I can't imagine it was much easier for the rest of the town.

I'm still angry >:[

I'll probably be a lot less approchable in future games

Don't be. It's the game. Snerk and chox played us good. Just be sure to return the favour some time.

Yeah, your play was a bit odd and a little scummy but you were lynched because Snerk and I needed a patsy and you were the best one we could pick, not because we thought you were actually scummy.

Nice job to my teammates. We probably would've had a much harder time if everyone in the town was active. For basically the entire second half the game, we were relying on people just not paying that much attention to us. Feels slightly cheap to win that way.

Honestly, I kept being afraid someone would become active and start noticing that, and I was constantly thinking I'd get called out at some point for floating along the entire game. Townie me can be lazy, but not really like this.

I had no idea what was going on throughout the small portion of the game in which I was in. Whilst that's normal for me, I can't imagine it was much easier for the rest of the town.

Heck, I was scum and I still had no idea what was going on half the time.

A lot of the lynches were. I feel like the town didn't start taking the game seriously until D3, possibly later. KM was lynched FOR POSTING LOLCATS. You were lynched for being captain

I feel like the town's early floundering is the reason for the mafia victory, more than anything. The mechanical chaos definately contributed to that.

We didn't even realize we had a team kill until like night 3.

Technically, we didn't have one before that. No-action N1 and Pirate N2.

Technically, we didn't have one before that. No-action N1 and Pirate N2.
Well we could have killed someone N3 if we'd known we had a regular faction kill. Although we wouldn't necessarily have done it as Landlubber was busy handing out the bomb.

I had my scry the last night set on snerk

then i switched it onto spaceman and choxorn

but I got dead.

fairly sure this spreadsheet is incorrect in a number of ways

Spoiler :
Player Character Alignment Role N3 N3 Actual Faction N4 N5 n6 n6 thing n7
1. 3. Landlubber 1. Harold Holt 1. mafia Terrorist Winston DC SW detonate bomb on dc kill winston kill cuthillius
2. 16. Kennigit 2. johnhughthom 2. mafia JoAT Autolycus DC LOTR target cuthillius bsmith kill sprig
13. 8. choxorn 13. triangle 13. mafia Watcher Sprig DC SW watch Winston watch winsto w/t sprig block jarrema
20. 12. Snerk 20. skimpy lingerie 20. mafia roleblocker Bsmith SW block sprig block chox block space kill al sips

3. 4. KingMorgan 3. lolcats town joat LOTR protect himself, block winston

14. 9. Winston Hughes 14. toilet lunger 14. town Tracker KM DC SW track al sips land
15. 1. Lohrenswald 15. buzz lightyear toy 15. town Randomiser Winston DC LOTR classical space kill anyone who performs action on him
16. 10. Jarrema 16. Sailor Moon 16. town Time Bandit SW protect himself
17. 18. Classical_hero 17. Lawnmower 17. town Role Modifier
18. 14. Autolycus 18. julius caesar 18. town Jail Keeper Jail Takhisis DC SW
19. 11. Newyn 19. wooden block 19. town doctor
4. 17. Sprig 4. andrew johns 4. town Cocaine Dealer Winston DC LOTR kennigit gets two actions cuth kennigit recruit kennigt
5. 6. space 5. mi goreng 5. town Power giver LOTR choxorn protect al sips from conversion
6. 15. Al Sipsclar 6. chewing gum on boot 6. town Jesus LOTR block lohrens
7. 13. BSmith1068 7. askthepizzaguy 7. town Anon Messages in update Beware the Rudeboys LOTR whats all this then awol
8. 19. Cuthillius 8. Chris Martins batting 8. town Superpower at d4 LOTR scan winston bsmith scan chox/space
9. 7. Dcmort93 9. meat pie 9. town Lightning Rod *1 Use Rod DC SW
10. 2. Zack 10. Dennis hopper as bowser 10. town Dueller
11. 20. Arakhor 11. Atticus Finch 11. town Deserado

Terrorist gave a bomb to a player which he could detonate at a later date - killing the player and all who visited them.
Kennigit would get a random power whenever I could be bothered to give him one.
Choxorn was a watcher.
Snerk roleblocker.

Jarrema - i'll explain fully tomorrow.
Classical Hero would change peoples roles - eg choxorn would become tracker, snerk would become doctor.
Sprig gave someone two night actions the next night.
Spaceman could give someone a random power.
Al Sipsclar came back three days after his death (brought back early as compensation for modkills).
Cuthillius got whatever power he wanted, got a cop scan.
Zack would choose another player along with himself and only those two were lynch choices for the day.
Arakhor could kill someone in thread with a daykill, if he killed town he died instead.

i'll do the rest tomorrow.

Cuthillius should have been resurrected with Winston.

There were a few reasons I only resurrected Winston.

one: Jarrema never submitted a single night order.
two: he was roleblocked the last night.

Technically the role submits roleblocks at night and can modify them in the future, but he never submitted a single one until the day he killed himself, and he changed the order at day.

I didn't make the specifics entirely clear so instead of reviving everyone who landlubber killed I just revived winston.

It is unfair to the scum for jarrema to revive multiple people, but especially so if he never submitted a single order - he should have submitted an order first for it to take effect.

So I took a middle ground. Town still had a large chance in this game then but went for basically the only nonscum option.

Top Bottom