This may sound mean but..

testdummy653

Prince
THis may sound mean but do we really need 39,000 + members
majority of them do not even post or view anything.
And if they really want to check this site everyday they could do that without becoming a member

Originally posted by ainwood
Yes, but if they don't register, then they can't use the search function. A lot join up just for that. :)

But it is always disabled...

Originally posted by floppa21

But it is always disabled...

....but they don't find out until they sign up and the "restricted" message never goes away. ;)

It may be better to delete accounts that get below 0.10 posts aday or 1 post in every 10 days. That pretty much means the person is not a regular poster.

Also, I do agree that we should delete alot of the older accounts. It free's up names for some "future" members who might actually post.

Originally posted by ainwood
Not a good diea. There are posters who, for various reasons, can't be 'regular' posters, but do drop-in from time to time.

Well, it does hold some benefits, if you post more than once in aday (like most people will do) it will take longer than 10 days for it to drop below 0.10.

Search is not always off. Who knows, maybe someday we will move the forum to a very powerful server that allows us to turn search on all the time for all members. :)

It's not necessary to delete any accounts since they take up so little space. Lots of forums on the net actually require people to register before they are allowed to view the forum. Some (such as Apolyton) required people to register to before they can download file attachments.

And some people just registered to reserve their nicks...

Once in a while we have posters who made their first post 6 months or even a year after they registered the account.

Originally posted by Thunderfall
Search is not always off. Who knows, maybe someday we will move the forum to a very powerful server that allows us to turn search on all the time for all members. :)

It's not necessary to delete any accounts since they take up so little space. Lots of forums on the net actually require people to register before to view the forum. Some (such as Apolyton) required people to register to before they can download file attachments.

And some people just registered to reserve their nicks...

Once in a while we have posters who made their first post 6 months or even a year after they registered the account.

Well, I still think we should delete some of the accounts to free up names. Sure some people might do it to "reserve" there names, but it is kind of unfair for someone to have a name like (nickname)242845 and become a regular poster while the person with the "nickname" has maybe 1 post made about a year ago.

Originally posted by Thunderfall
Search is not always off. Who knows, maybe someday we will move the forum to a very powerful server that allows us to turn search on all the time for all members.
This not very technically proficient person would like a definition of "the dream server(s)" for CFC interm of processor/ram/disk capacities, operating system, etc

Originally posted by Strider

Well, I still think we should delete some of the accounts to free up names. Sure some people might do it to "reserve" there names, but it is kind of unfair for someone to have a name like (nickname)242845 and become a regular poster while the person with the "nickname" has maybe 1 post made about a year ago.

This happened to me. I wanted to be ''Inter'' but someone else already has it, and he/she has no posts..

Originally posted by Inter32

This happened to me. I wanted to be ''Inter'' but someone else already has it, and he/she has no posts..

I get lucky because Superevie is almost NEVER taken whereever I go. If you ever see another Superevie anywhere else on the internet, chances are it's me. ;) It used to be my hotmail address until I didn't go there for awhile and lapsed, but I can't get it again because it's still consider taken. :rant: I HATE hotmail because I couldn't get back in because at the time I was under 13, but even when my birthday came they wouldn't let me back in. :mad:

Originally posted by Inter32

Yup, I got my name, but I still think that the user accounts without very many posts need to be deleted. Sure, it won't save up room, but it will free up alot of names.

Also, abou reserving names. Reserving them for what? Whenever they decide to post in a year or two?

Hmm, I also like the idea of deleting acounts after 2 years of inactivity.

Top Bottom