This seems wierd to me....

Nexushyper

Warlord
I was playing on a pangea map, huge, regent (PTW v1.21 not modded) and was happily surviving when I noticed something that was a bit odd....

I noticed that Oxford (English) had a rifleman fortified in it. Not to odd right?? :confused: Well, 2 turns prior England entered the Industrial age!! :crazyeye: So either A) they researched Nationalism very fast or B) I have no clue....

I was at war with England so I couldn't open diplomacy with England and see if they had nationalism. So, I remembered that I had powerbar downloaded and decided to quiet the game, load powerbar and load the saved game... I was curious to see what England was researching..(a sanity check if you will)... here is what I found......

Can anyone explain this???

Edit: spelling

Oppsss it didn't attach!! Let me try that again

Attachments

• wierd.jpg
    wierd.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 188
Could it be? Could it finally be proof that the AI is cheating? I dunno. . . .

Could it be that perhaps the info from PowerBar is not refreshed? I don't use PowerBar, so I'm not that familiar with how it works.

I had just reloaded the saved game and just pressed the 'LOAD' . I then pressed the 'INFO' button, then clicked 'Civ Info'... by my understanding of powerbar and how it is a 'memory trainer' then I would say that this is the most current info dealing with the game.

If anyone wants to check it out themselves I could try to figure out how to upload the saved game file and then someone else can load powerbar and do as I did to check out what England is researching... by all means, if this can be explained I'd like to know....

On the bottom of this page, there is an 'upload file' link. Click on it, and you can upload a file to the server. Filesize must be under 3mb, so you might want to do a manual save in the game, this will compress the file if the autosave is over 3mb. You might also want to call it something like Nexushyper_savegame, or something unique.

After that is done, you'll want to attack a link in your post. How you do this is you just type in the URL, and it will start out http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/ . . . so if you named it Nexushyper_savegame the whole URL would be soemthing like http: // www. civfanatics. net/ uploads4/ Nexushyper_savegame.sav. Of course, what I just typed in isn't a vaild link, as there won't be any spaces. I put the spaces in because the link shortened itself for the message.
If you need more help, you can IM me on Yahoo Messanger as Turner_727, or AIM Turner727. I'll be on for a while longer.

Thanks for the help....

Ok, I reloaded the game again, saved it as then uploaded to the server... while I was in the game again I decided to look around and used teh reveal map button on powerbar... England has no other rifleman that I can see, and in fact has musketman in most cities.....

here is the saved game.

Nexushyper_Savedgame.sav

All I ask is that people don't critize me on how I play Civ... I say, to each thier own, so please leave it at that.... Again, this is unmodded, pangea, huge, PTW lastest patch American, regent...

Thanks in advance!!

Edit: Opps, had the wrong save file uploaded... I fixed it though!

Just a guessing (I'm not familiar with power bar!):
What if England doesn't do any research (science rate 0%, no scientists hired). Maybe power bar displays the last finished tech then (because it counts only already accumulated beakers to define the actual research progress)?
If you were at war w/ England for some time, they *could* have stopped research.

Another possible explanation is that they just bought it from the Americans (who are researching flight) and the game hasn't reset the queue yet. Perhaps after buying it they had enough money to upgrade a lone musket.

I don't think that is it...
A) I'm playing the Americans and haven't sold Nationalsim to anyone.

B) Like I said in my first post, 2 turns prior to this savegame file England entered the Industrial age so that gives them 2 turns to research Nationalsim which is unlikely... also civ specific abilities is turned off

C) From the best I can tell by playing no one else but me has discovered Nationalism..(I made a beeline for flight for a reason but anyways... and also I have been sueing for peace for a long time that and a few civs have paid me big GPT for techs thus giving me extra cash for research... again anyways....)

D) I went back a few saves and played prior to war and let the game play out until 2 turns past the save that I posted and each time I used the diplo screen with England they didn't have Nationalsim (Because Nationalsim is listed under my techs as something I can sell them.)

E) When I went back a few saves I noticed something even odder... the Rifleman(or a different one) appeared about 10 squares away to the south/south east and England had not entered the Idustrial age yet at that point.

I just checked the save, and after playing a few turns (until England was willing to sign peace), they still did not have nationalism.

So, either a.)some kind of bug. Was there any culture flips or did you donate any cities? I wonder if perhaps there is a bug, that if you lost a city due to one of those reasons, they got your best defensive unit, instead of what they are supposed to get (the best defensive unit that they have the tech for).

b.) By accident you modded the game, or accidently loaded up a scenario, and the rifleman is available earlier.

c.) Did you load up powerbar or any other save game editor prior to you just checking out this bug? It's possible if you loaded up a save game editor to change some things, that something else got added inadvertantely or by accident (like adding the unit onto the map).

Greyhawk1 / Ville: I have civ specific abilities turned off... thus
no one has added abilities, or special units

Bamspeedy:
I just checked the save, and after playing a few turns (until England was willing to sign peace), they still did not have nationalism.

I also played it further and once there was peace they still did not have it.

So, either a.)some kind of bug. Was there any culture flips or did you donate any cities? I wonder if perhaps there is a bug, that if you lost a city due to one of those reasons, they got your best defensive unit, instead of what they are supposed to get (the best defensive unit that they have the tech for).

No culture flipping but I did donate cities that I captured back to the English in an earlier war... but that was before I had Nationalsim thus there is no way one of those cities could have produced it since at the time I myself could not produce Rifleman

b.) By accident you modded the game, or accidently loaded up a scenario, and the rifleman is available earlier.

Nope, this was a new game, not scenario so there is no chance of that happening. I know the difference between the two and if that was the case I would have opened the scenario in the editor and looked to see if rifleman is available earlier...

c.) Did you load up powerbar or any other save game editor prior to you just checking out this bug? It's possible if you loaded up a save game editor to change some things, that something else got added inadvertantely or by accident (like adding the unit onto the map).

I opened up powerbar the for the first 5-10 turns.... some may call this cheating, however, I like to start a new game, save it, reveal the map so I can see if I like teh lay of teh land. If it's an island I wont play it. (sorry that's just me, I hate being stuck on islands and it's not fun to me.... this game is about having fun, right? To each thier own..) So I used powerbar at the start... I think a few times through out teh game I brought powerbar up to check the map.. you know see where I stand... I don't remeber adding anything, in fact I don't think powerbar can added units, can it? I did press the E button under units before I saved the game and posted it... that's the Elite button I think... (sorry about that pressed it, saw the pop-up ad didn't realize...)

Anyways, no I did not use any saved game editors, no culture flip cities, no donated cities that could have produced rifleman, and I only used powerbar to check out teh map from time to time....

I think it's a bug somehow...

Top Bottom