Three Way Alliances

MTRougeau

Chieftain
What is the logic around three way alliances and declaring war? For example, Player 1 and Player 2 each have an alliance with Player 3. Player 1 then declares war on Player 2 - what does Player 3 do? Declare against P1 in defense of P2, or declare against P2 in support of P1, or does P3 declare against both Civs, or neither? Played a few games and run into this scenario several times with varying results. Very confused.

There was a patch today that addressed alliances and wars which only affects NEW games, not games in progress. In short, there has been no feedback here yet on how or if this changes in anyway or in what way.

This happened to me during my last game as ARC. I attacked Hutama, and both of us were allied with PAC. PAC didn't know who to side with, and decided to declare war on both of us. Suddenly we were involved in a massive three-way war between the three strongest powers on the map, so I got INTGR and Koslov sucked into the war to deal with PAC, while I focused my efforts on Hutama.

Was one of the more fun wars I've ever been in.

Top Bottom