Through the Ages! (BTS)

Going Conquering the World :goodjob:

Update: Redoing artwork on new unit, Armor Infantry, and changing some music for Poland. Sounds a lot better. Change list almost done, going to a Christmas Choir concert so out for 3 or 4 hours. Will log on and update later tonight (near 9:30 p.m. Pacific Time).

9:30pm pacific time = what hour approximatively european time ?

FULL CHANGE LIST BELOW:

Spoiler :

MERGED MODS
ALL NEXT WAR UNITS, BUILDINGS, WONDERS, PROMOTIONS AND TECHS, WITH MINOR ALTERATION, HAVE BEEN PUT IN AND ADDED ON. HOWEVER, THE GAMEPLAY IS OTHERWISE THE SAME, THERE IS NO "MR. BIG" OR "THE LADY", YOU JUST CAN RESEARCH FARTHER THAN BEFORE AND PLAY INTO THE FUTURE. SPACE RACE IS NOW MISSION TO MARS. GAMES ARE A LITTLE LONGER.

ORION'S INQUISITION MOD HAS BEEN ADDED IN, INQUISITORS CAN BE TRAINED AT HOLY OFFICES AND CAN REMOVE NON-STATE RELIGION BUILDINGS.

ADDED MECHAERIKS' WAR PRIZES MOD, SHIPS HAVE A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF TAKING A PRIZE IF THEY WIN A NAVAL COMBAT.

ADDED WONDER TEXT, MOD THAT TELLS YOU WHEN A WONDER HAS BEEN RAZED/CAPTURED

ADDED NEW WORLDS MOD, TWO NEW SIZES OF WORLD TO PLAY ON: GIANT AND GIGANTIC

2 New Traits
Resourceful (Res)
+1 gold per trade route
Double production of Market, Grocer, Public Transportation
Extra food stored on city growth

Strategic (Str)
+25 Espionage Point production
-50 percent cost to upgrade units
Flank 1, Sentry promotions for Mounted, Naval units

Changes to Traits: Imperialistic doubles production of Customs House, Jail, and Intelligence Agency. Protective doubles production of Security Bureau. Expansive gives +3 health. Aggressive doubles production of the Stable.

13 New Civilizations
Apache Empire
Leader: Mangas Coloradas, Fin/Str
UU: Mounted Warrior, Replaces Cuirassier, +25 percent chance withdrawal, only requires horses and gunpowder to build
UB: Wickiup, Replaces Granary, stores 65 percent food after growth
Gran Colombian
Leader: Simon Bolivar, Imp/Str
Leader: San Martin, Res/Str
UU: Libertador, Replaces Cavalry, +2 first strikes, 10 percent city attack bonus
UB: Arsenal, Replaces Jail, +15 percent Military Unit production
Hittite
Leader: Mursili II, Agg/Str
UU: Huluganni, replaces Chariot, +50 percent against Mounted units, targets mounted units in stacks
UB: Smelter, replaces Forge, +1 happy with Iron, Shock promotion for Melee units
Iroquois
Leader: Hiawatha, Ind/Phi
UU: Mohawk Rifler, Replaces Rifleman, Moves 2, Str. 12, starts with Guerilla and Woodsman I promotions
UB: Longhouse, replaces Barracks, +1 happy
Israeli
Leader: Solomon, Res/Phi
Leader: Ben Gurion, Res/Org
UU: Merkava, replaces Tank, Ignores terrain costs, starts with March, enjoys defensive bonuses.
UB: Moussad, replaces Security Bureau, +1 Free Spy, +1 happy with 10 percent Espionage
Italian
Leader: Lorenzo di Medici, Cre/Res
Leader: Mussolini, Pro/Str
UU: Geonese Crossbowman, Replaces Crossbowman, +50 percent against archer units
UB: Patron House, replaces university, +1 free artist, +1 free engineer in city
Khazar
Leader: Buri-Sad, Agg/Res
UU: Arsiyah, Replaces Maceman, Str. 8, +25 against Melee units
UB: Radhanite Guildhouse, Replaces Market, +1 Trade Route and +1 Happy
Kongo
Leader: Nzinga Mbemba, Pro/Res
UU: Chosen Bowman, Replaces Longbowman, First strike immune, +25 against Mounted, Melee Units.
UB: Mbanza, Replaces Castle, -25 percent War Weariness
Moors
Leader: Abd al Rahman, Ind/Str
UU: Berber Cavalry, Replaces Knight, Starts with Blitz, ignores terrain costs
UB: Maristan, replaces observatory, +2 health, units heal 10 percent faster
Polish
Leader: Casimir III, Spi/Str
UU: Winged Hussar, Replaces Cuirassier, 14 Strength
UB: Sejmik, replaces Stable, +4 Espionage Points
Polynesian
Leader: Kamehameha, Cre/Cha
Leader: Salamasina, Spi/Res
UU: Koa, Replaces Swordsman, No Iron needed, no city attack bonus, +50 against Melee units
UB: Fishery, replaces Lighthouse, +1 Food, +1 Health
Trojan
Leader: Hector, Pro/Org
UU: Apollonian Guard, Replaces Horse Archer, Str. 8
UB: Trojan Walls, Replaces Walls, +70 defense, -70 percent bombard damage, +30 Espionage Defense
Vietnamese
Leader: Ho Chi Minh, Cre/Str
UU: Vietcong, Replaces Infantry, Cheaper, Moves 2, 1-2 first strikes
UB: Farming Collective, replaces Grocer, +1 Food per River Tile

Changes to Civs:
Native Americans now Sioux, with Sacred Council instead of Totem Pole. Everything the same but names and artwork
Vikings now Scandinavian Empire

New Leaders:
Akbar of the Arabs, Ind/Res
Carlos V of Spain, Phi/Str
Hitler of Germany, Cha/Str
Hirohito of Japan, Org/Str
Meiji of Japan, Fin/Res
Taizong of China, Fin/Str
Henrique of Portugal, Exp/Res
Itzcoatl of Aztecs, Exp/Str
Mandela of Zulu, Cha/Res

Changed LHs: Shi Huang is Chinese Version, Alexander, Montezuma, Julius and Ragnar have new Art, Shaka has visible crown wreath, Gandhi's favorite civic is Pacifisim.

New Wonders:
Himeji Castle: Requires Feudalism, double income from pillaging, no enemy income for pillaging in your land
Sydney Opera House: Requires Mass Media, Harbor, and Coast. Inspires one random great person.
Pantheon: Requires Polytheism and Construction, +2 Espionage points per state religion building
Temple of Ah Cacao: Requires Calendar, 20 percent chance to heal fully after combat
Herc Factory: Requires Cold Fusion, can build Assault Mechs beyond National Limit
Golden Gate Bridge: Requires Combustion, Steel and Assembly line: +20 percent culture in city (one time), +10 commerce in all cities

New Project:
Spanish Inquisition: Removes all non-state religion/buildings from your lands, +3 relations with civs with same State Religion, -1 relations with other civs.

New Building:
Refinery
+10 percent gold, -1 health, -2 happiness
Power with Oil, -2 health
Grants Refined Fuel promotion.

Changes to buildings: Scotland Yard Requires Printing Press, Russian Research Institute produces four espionage points, Castles don't obsolete until Steel and +2 happy with Serfdom, Academy requires writing, Nuclear Plant +2 happy with Police State, Walls +10 percent Espionage Defense.

New Units:
Special Forces: 28 strength, moves 2, starts with Amphibious and Commando, National Limit 5, can paradrop (7).
Floating Fortress: 20 strength, moves 7, can bombard city defenses, can carry five fighters. Requires Aquaculture.
Stealth Fighter: 100 percent chance interception, Range 12, 25 chance evasion, 16 city bombard. Requires Fiber Optics and Stealth.
Hover Gunship: Str. 30, +50 percent against armor, siege, and mech units. Requires Robotics.
Siege Mech: 45 Str. can only build three, 75 percent chance interception, 20 percent bombard per turn, 90 percent damage to attacked unit, 80 percent to other units in stack. Requires Fusion.
Armor Infantry: 46 Str., requires Uranium and Aluminum, starts with March and Blitz

Changes to Units: Marines and Paratroopers upgrade to Special Forces, or Cyborgs. Explorers upgrade to Airships. Spies move 2. Great Generals can start golden ages. Jaguars have a first strike. Gallic Warriors +20 percent city attack. Caravels cannot enter rival territory without open borders. Grenadiers -10 hammers to build. Ballista Elephant does collateral damage to stacks. Gunships, Jet Fighters, Carriers, Mech Infantry, Modern Armor, Mobile Sam and Mobile Artillery all upgrade to futuristic units. Workers upgrade to Clone workers.

New Promotion:
Refined Fuel. +1 movement to Armor, Naval units. +1 operation range to Air Units. Requires a refinery or future tech.

Changes to Techs: Divine Right grants a Great Prophet if your are the first to research it. Paper allows you to produce Espionage in cities.

Changes to Civics: Theocracy allows you to build inquisitors without a Holy Office, Vassalage = no anarchy when capturing enemy cities.

New Terrain and Bonus:
Marsh: From colonization, +10 percent defense, +25 percent time to build improvements.
Titanium: Revealed by Scientific Method, +2 gold and +1 hammer with Mine. Required for Cyborgs, Siege Mechs, Dreadnoughts and Assault Mechs.

Other Changes: There are six unit and city styles: Middle East, South America, African, European, Asian, Greco Roman. Cities are diverse until Industrial era, units are diverse pre-gunpowder (including ships). New Futuristic city art thanks to Planetfall.
Terrain is from Colonization with Water changed as well. Looks pretty good and more realistic.

At this you should write :

"Civ IV: Conquer The World 1.0" :)

-------

For 1.1 you should add : python only "Barbarian Civ Mod"
and "Pirates Mod", python only i think ;)

I will provide to you links :

1) Barbarian Civ Mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=329572
2) Immigration Mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4149559
Why not ? For Immigration Mod ;) ?
3) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173859
I hope these three mods are python and xml only and free of dll :)
The Lopez is not active anymore but ...

--------

Drop, please, your 1.0 version that i convert it for Mac, ;)

i think you should reduce the evade chance of the stealth-fighter to something like 75% or such, coz, on occassion, they might get sighted by advanced radar or what have you ... but 100% is just turning it into a super weapon to bomb away at your enemy, without a chance to defend again it ... spoils gameplay a bit i think ...

Actually, I'm going to look at the Pirates mod first before my final release of Conquer the World. Fits the theme well and looks like it may be simple to do.

Dont forget modern piracy like Somalia :goodjob:

If you dont want Barbarian Civ, at least you should take in your mod "immigration mod" because is a tool for weakening or reinforcing empires, imagine, you, your civ with immigrants coming to your empire from neighboring empires especially if they are at war with you :D

And for the civics what have you planned ? Finally ? :)

Good night !

The pirate mod that you linked requires a custom .dll and hasn't been updated since Warlords (as far as I can see).

hell ! I'm sorry seasnake, i believe that you should abandon this mod component... :(

Um, yeah, I give up! I put in and it did nothing or, when I added DLL, it killed my mod. So now I'm just shipping without it.

The final .rar mod file is about 343 MB, too big in my opinion. I'm going to see if there is a better compression program. More later! I'll be looking at compression programs throughout the day, and maybe later tonight I'll have it done. If not, that's what I'm doing, and it could take a little bit to find the right program. So more later.

Ok, what about adding Urukagina of Sumeria ?

i agree for 7zip...

Okay, 7zipped it at 283 MB, I'll upload to File Factory. Later, I'll open a new thread, put some picks and the links in that thread, and finally link to that thread in this one. Conquer the World is uploading! Tonight it should all be available.

As for Urukagina, I have enough LHs I think. I'm cutting it off, for now...

Hello i'm new here. :satan:
Thanks for adding Poland, i'm Polish (so my English may be bad). :D
My computer is not working so i may not remember some stuff from the civilization and i can't install your mod. :cry:
I would like to post here some ideas, i'm not good at creating mods so i can't create my own mod.
Here are my ideas:

Technologies changed:
Laser: adds 1 health for cities with hospital (reason: lasers in hospitals)
better defence for bombarding and rockets (reason: lasers destroy rockets and air planes. New building: "laser shield" or something like that)
Robotics: +3 to happiness (reason: new accessories)
+1 for health (reason: cars, hospitals are more advanced etc.)
paper: some other technologies and buildings require that technology
advanced shielding:
Units
Power armour soldiers:
str: 28 movement:1
RECEIVE defensive bonuses
+50% vs units that aren't vehicles
New technologies:
cloning: (cloning changes for advanced cloning)
+200% food from farms (reason: cloning food)
Laser weaponary: gives + 4 str for power armour soldiers and cyborgs
requied for siege mechs and dreadnoughts
new units: laser artillery (same as artillery but has 28 str and bombard causes -20%)
Plasma weaponary: gives +8 str for power armour soldiers and cyborgs
and +15 for stealth bomber and bombard causes -32%
Requied for siege mechs and dreadnoughts
new units: plasma artillery (same as artillery but has 35 str and bombard causes -30%)
Future teechnology gives + 10 health + 10 food and +10 happiness
Genetics: requied for cloning

Also there should be new nuke:
People will have -5 happiness but it will be able to destroy 30 population and area+units near the city
It's called "Tsar bomba" It is real bomb created by Russia

I will think of more if you will use my ideas.
So PLEASE use them, I love this mod but i would love it more if you would use my ideas.

Tsar bomba:

Hi, cool mod.

A few queries, would it be possible to your mod in conjunction with cephelos map generator, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=310891, amazing maps, highly recommended.
The problem is that you new marsh terrain and titanium resource dont appear on the map

Any chance of patching you mod or something? The two together would make a brilliant game

Also your mod doesent appear to have the map regenerator on the first turn. If you could put that in also it would be appreciated, im really picky about my starts.

Top Bottom