Time Travelling Nazi War Machine (Panzer IVh) Found in Ukraine - Story by Dr. Mark Felton

MPorciusCatoCivver

Chief Windbag
This relic of a tank has been found recently by Russian forces in Ukraine. Mark Felton, a British PhD and Historian who runs a YT channel specialized on Nazi history, has the story and it has been quite popular even before he posted it. You an watch it below. The video has 33k likes.

Apparently, my theory after analyzing this story is that it was an original late-production Pz IVh, but was refurbished first by the Czechs, then landed in Syria, then was wrecked by the 4-5th time, then landed back in the USSR and perhaps saw some action as a target practice dummy before landing on a museum and being partially restored. Then when the war came recently it was taken out and used, together with lots of vintage T-34's in WW2 memorials, as a decoy before being knocked out again. But there are also other theories, including it just being there rusting for decades before being refurbished.

The damage done by AP shells in the front is ww2 era, but the paint is visibly new and shoddy, which suggests the Ukrainians knew it was a vintage Pz IV but repainted it to use it as a decoy.

Also let me think that we better discuss the tank itself and avoiding dabbling too much in Ukrainian and Russian currents events and politics.

To the best of my knowledge, neither side in this war has been using T-34s or decoy tanks.
Don't know anything about this particular tank though.

To the best of my knowledge, neither side in this war has been using T-34s or decoy tanks.
Don't know anything about this particular tank though.

Mark Felton contradicts this. He has recorded videos to prove it, the Ukranians have been taking out vintage T-34's from WW2 Soviet memorials to use them as shields and decoy for more valuable troops. Though it's better to leave political implications of it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Panzer IVs are pretty old machines.

Expensive decoy surely it's worth more sold?

T-34 sure plenty of them around.

Top Bottom