Tips for Emperor

poekie70

Chieftain
Hello everyone I need some help with emperor. Just as in civ revolution I am playing my way up in difficulties all the way to diety. I recently finished king 2 eras ahead of everyone and I think it is time to move on to emperor. I have already given up the gl and traded it in for the regular library and accepted that I can't build wonders on this difficulty level. But dispite my efforts I still get my ass handed to me on every front.
So I hope you guys can help me by giving me tips with social policies and strategy in general.

thanks in advance,

poekie70 (btw this is my first post)

Just skip emperor and go right to immortal. Most of what you learn on emp you'll have to unlearn for immortal. Deity is an entirely different game though, so it's good to play both that and immortal I think.

But start with immortal. Forget emperor. You'll probably do horribly at first, but you'll advance quicker.

Focus on a strong capital.

In fact, I suggest you do play Emperor, but play it as a one-city-challenge. There are still some differences in difficulty, mainly in number of wonders you can reasonably get, but the overall idea is the same. If you can build a strong capital well enough on Emperor, it isn't too difficult to take that knowledge and tack on a few satellite cities on Immortal.

Yeah, if you finish 2 eras ahead on King, you can skip Emperor, chances are you'd find Emperor easier than King with the AIs having more cash you can take.

(Chances are whatever your doing now on King will work even better on Emperor than it does on King)

I don't think it is really necessary to skip Emperor. I find going from King then to Emperor followed by Immortal to be useful. Each taught me new things. Going to Emperor taught me that you have to build up some defense earlier, and how to get into early wars. I also learned more about how to build my cities. The only thing I had to relearn, or rather, stop doing, was early wonder building, but I still build wonders on Immortal, just not until I get a tech lead. What I had to learn more about to be successful on Immortal, I did not have to learn on Emperor, was your actions can upset the A.I. so you have to learn how to work the politics a bit.

That is not to say you couldn't skip from Emperor, but I found it to be a useful stepping stone. As I've gotten older, I find I dislike losing a lot of games in a row, so the stepping stones tend to keep me happier.

Top Bottom