To Patch or Not To Patch

Hey, that's not nice.

whatever you're trying to say

snip....

Point is there is no other change in 3.19 that would affect e game at this early stage, and if you don;t use the chop overflow then I just think you oppose anything we say for the sake of opposing it.

Absolutely NOT....I just think that changing "rules" mid-turn is a bad idea!

I think that patching on a turn roll is a good idea. Changing in the middle of a turn is unlikely to result in an advantage or disadvantage, but the fewer things there are to make claims about the better. :)

I suggest that MS (most likely HUSch) should stay online after hitting enter, and pause when it starts taking inputs again. Then PM me to say it's ready (I'll get a notification on my Blackberry) and I'll start it back up on the new patch level, unpause, and post in the tracker thread.

Yeah, but we were at the start of the turn... my first login after MS ended turn was the best point at which to install the patch, no?

I agree patching mid-turn may cause some issues (although I can't see any and no-one has explained what they might be, but anyway) but that was not what we were suggesting.

I think that patching on a turn roll is a good idea. Changing in the middle of a turn is unlikely to result in an advantage or disadvantage, but the fewer things there are to make claims about the better. :)

I suggest that MS (most likely HUSch) should stay online after hitting enter, and pause when it starts taking inputs again. Then PM me to say it's ready (I'll get a notification on my Blackberry) and I'll start it back up on the new patch level, unpause, and post in the tracker thread.

you can just load the start of turn autosave.

Top Bottom