Tomatekh's Historical Religion Mods

Hi tomatekh, any news about your great spy mod?to be honest, I am eager to see it coming shortly : )

Yes, I know I promised to get my Spy mod working months ago. I feel bad for leaving it broken for so long, especially knowing that many people have been looking forward to it.

I haven't abandoned the mod, I've just sort of been feeling burnt out from modding in general. So, I've more or less been taking a break from the whole thing.

However, I've recently been inspired to try and sort out my final Civ V projects (Great Spy, Poverty Point, and Mississippi) and intend to put an earnest effort to work on them this month. I'm hoping to sort their issues out. Hopefully I'm not too rusty coding things and my fellow modders haven't completely abandoned V for VI to help me out with some code issues.

I'm still around, but I don't think I'll be any use with code issues.

Would be nice if an update was to be made which allowed non-Christian civs to choose a more appropriate fallback religion (within denominations). Arabia chose Nestorianism while Shia and co. were available!

It's not possible to setup a fallback Religion without a modified DLL, which is beyond the scope of this mod.
Ah, I assumed it was since at least the Christian civs chose within their denominations.

I don't think they do? All civs should pick Buddhism after their preferred has been chosen (since Buddhism is first by index order). This mod changes some default religious preferences from Christianity/Catholicism to an appropriate Christian denomination (or Buddhist or Islamic, etc.), though.

Hm. That hasn't been the case in my experience - with Sunni having been taken, I've seen Songhai found Arianism and Arabia Nestorianism.

Hm. That hasn't been the case in my experience - with Sunni having been taken, I've seen Songhai found Arianism and Arabia Nestorianism.

Civ 5 religion pick is this

If my available religion can be founded, choose that one

other wise, pick the first available religion from index 0 assuming said index is not a preferred religion of another civ.

So if you have Buddhism, Catholicism and Protestantism,

if Elizabeth picks Protestantism and Bismarck founds a religion, but Ramkhamhaeng is in the game without a religion then Bismarck will pick Catholicism.

Thank you JFD and MarshmallowBear for answering questions.

Oh, my mistake. What I meant to say is, Tomatekh has deleted it and I'm curious to know why

I actually didn't delete it, so I have no idea what happened to it. Unlike my bigger stuff, all the small mods like denomination packs were hosted here on civfanatics instead of dropbox. If one is missing, it has to be a civfanatics error or something, as I never removed anything. Unfortunately, I no longer have the standalone files on my computer to re-upload. You might still be able to get them with Steam Downloader from the Workshop.

Thank you JFD and MarshmallowBear for answering questions.

I actually didn't delete it, so I have no idea what happened to it. Unlike my bigger stuff, all the small mods like denomination packs were hosted here on civfanatics instead of dropbox. If one is missing, it has to be a civfanatics error or something, as I never removed anything. Unfortunately, I no longer have the standalone files on my computer to re-upload. You might still be able to get them with Steam Downloader from the Workshop.

The High American and Polynesian Packs have also dissappeared from the workshop. But that's alright. I'll probs just use the edit or complete or maybe try to extract the missing denominations and place them in the edit.

For some reason, I'm not seeing anymore the HR preference of a civ, when able to choose religion (so the little icon on the related symbol). Attached a screenshot of the Celts and where you don't see anything with Druidism and also log in case helpful.

Is this a setting, load order issue or otherwise conflict?

I'm only using HR Complete v45 (Steam) and the Community Patch (Steam 20 May).Until recent I had an earlier version of the CP, so could this be related and if so, solvable?

Thanks!

Attachments

• HR Log.zip
    152.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 20191021224638_1.jpg
    20191021224638_1.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 236
So does the SQL for modifying the religion of a custom civ still work? I understand it's PROBABLY a fault on me, but I just want to know before continuing blind trial and error.
Thank

Top Bottom