Tomatekh's Historical Religion Mods

At the moment, I'm mainly working on some New World denomination packs for Mesoamerica, the Andes, and Polynesia. After which I'm going to go back and update some of my older packs with extra stuff (including the Christian/Protestant packs).

There's only 3 entries commented out of the complete pack; one was made for another mod, one I decided was redundant, and one I didn't like the final icon. I'll leave that as my vague explanation.

So uhm is it your mod or the Ayyubids mod that incited a quite noticeable...horn? of some sort when the Sunni religion was founded and expanded? That's definitely not a thing I noticed before, though it might've had to do with how their capital was right in my line of sight by default due to proximity, and so maybe other religions have a similar sort of noise?

But yeah it was definitely interesting. I feel like I know what it's supposed to be, isn't it a call to prayer? But I definitely can't find anything of the sort by perusing YT.

I actually have no idea; I'll see if I can find out for you. I can't think of why it wouldn't, though.
Well the PickNMix stuff uses a modified DLL, so if yours does too (and I can't quite tell if it does because I know just enough to realize how much I don't know), then it wouldn't be. But if yours doesn't require a modified DLL, I assume it would work just fine.

Well the PickNMix stuff uses a modified DLL, so if yours does too (and I can't quite tell if it does because I know just enough to realize how much I don't know), then it wouldn't be. But if yours doesn't require a modified DLL, I assume it would work just fine.

Yeah, this mod doesn't have a DLL so it wouldn't conflict there, but I know whoward's mod has 1 or 2 religion related funtions in it. I don't remember what they do offhand, so I'd have to double check to see if they conflicted. Again, I don't believe there's any conflicts, though.

Yeah, this mod doesn't have a DLL so it wouldn't conflict there, but I know whoward's mod has 1 or 2 religion related funtions in it. I don't remember what they do offhand, so I'd have to double check to see if they conflicted. Again, I don't believe there's any conflicts, though.
Thanks for the quick reply--I really appreciate it!

With the release of the Polynesian pack, will the Polynesian denominations soon follow?

Also a question: where did you get the name Sgaanaang for the Haida faith? Does it refer to the Transformer Brothers faith of a lot of Pacific Northwest peoples?

@Skaz881
I am working on the Polynesian pack, and with their release I've somewhat stepped up production of the pack, but I'm working on quite a few mods concurrently at the moment so I can't really give an estimate on when it will be finished. My last "big release" was also the religion updates and packs, so I've also been working on finishing up mods other than the next religion pack.

@ldvhl
I can't completely find my notes, but it translates to something about a shaman or a shaman's abilities. I can't remember quite what, but I didn't make up the term. I do remember it seemed appropriate at the time. Although, recently, I have been thinking about changing it to "sgaagagaay" which translates more directly to a shaman's power/what a shaman invokes.

Hm. Ok. I'm trying to plan ahead for the Squamish, and I think we're going to go with Xáays as their faith.

Will the next big update we see from you be over here or on your civilizations thread?

Hello.

While Browsing JFD's Civilisations, I read that someone suggested Nazi religion for the Nazi Civ.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

While Browsing JFD's Civilisations, I read that someone suggested Nazi religion for the Nazi Civ.

I'm not sure what you mean by Nazi religion: Nazism as a form of political religion? Positive Christianity? Nazi Occultism?

I'm open to adding something in the future. In terms of their Christian denomination, it might be a while as I have few other packs I'm working on first before I want to go back and update/add to my existing Christian mods.

Can I use those design in my mod? (with credit on you)

The icons? Sure, go ahead. Keep in mind that the Mithras icon was done by Janboruta, and the Voodoo icon by Ryoga. A few of the other ones are also from webpages or Google searches / edited versions of these symbols found elsewhere on the internet.

Top Bottom