Tooth and Nail

Harry Tuttle

Scenario League Member
I decided one weekend that I would play Deity level on a random-large map as the Romans and be the biggest bastard nation I could. At every turn I used every bit of guile I had. I sought peace with the Souix, then brutally attacked them, eventually driving them off my mountainous and swampy continent. Throughout the game I rush built every strategic wonder I could and finally, around 1950, had a nation that was fourth in the world in size and almost equal to all others in tech. I had made a lifelong alliance with the Carthaginians to my south who thankfully kept the Zulus at bay. To my north were the Americans who had mainly stayed clear of my shores, and to my east were the Spanish who were only an occasional annoyance.

At this point I was contemplating starting a blitzkrieg on the Americans to split their nation by initiating a civil war when I took DC, so I built up as many stealth bombers, nukes, paratroopers, marines, armor, and stealth fighters as I could. All was going according to plan until the inconceiveable happened! The Americans launched an all out Nuclear offensive on my coastal cities. They quickly nuked and then took my four northernmost cities and started dotting the landscape with paratroopers. I had no choice but to pull my troops out of range of their bombers.

Though I had the last laugh... After drawing them into an extended war by employing hit and run tactics I was able to keep the Americans from landing any sizeable armored force on the continent. I retracted my armies, rebuilt, and took back my cities by 1980. Then, by 2000 I had my revenge...

In a lightning attack on the American coast I took New York, Boston, Philly, and Denver. Finally, using superior logistics and AI stupidities I drove into their heartland. In one huge battle, employing my entire armored force I took DC, causing a civil war, and splitting the Americans into loyal and Indian factions. After strengthening my hold on the continent I strove for peace with the Indians who managed to hold the loyal American cities at bay.

Pretty good for a weekend.

Good battle plan, but next time try using counter-intelligence.

My cash reserves were to low for bribery and their cities were just way to large. Besides, I wanted blood. Warm, oozing, AI blood. :rocket2: :rocket:

:evil:I understand.....MWAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!:mwaha:

Top Bottom