Top 5 best special units for war in BNW!

Uh...your 70 strength Infantry are losing to 16 strength Impis? I don't think so.

If you mean Musketmen, then possibly. Impis get a 25% bonus versus Gunpower, get a free "ranged" attack for half damage on offense, get promoted faster in general, and get special Barracks promotions. Hell, Impis upgrade into *Riflemen.*

Lol, I think I wasn't too clear. Zulu's also have Infantry and other modern units that are the more central problem, I am meaning the fact that they seem to enjoy keeping their special units (Impi) and have about 10-20 of them hanging around there territory at all times. They pose the largest problem which is getting to the cities because they cost the Infantries Movement and Attack Points for the turn. This, combined with small assaults with modern units is what tears my armies down.

1-Camel Archer
2- Keshik
3- Janissary
4- Sipahi (probably most useful unit, at least for me)
5- Pathfinder

ArguCa: Would you care to elaborate on making the best use of the Sipahi? It's an interesting choice for this and I'd like to be able to use them more effectively.

@Navelgazer

Sure.

There are only a few units who can handle enemies by their own, like Camel Archer or Keshik. All other UUs must support with some other units to hurt enemy. So, I'm sending one or two Sipahis to close to enemy cities, since they have good combat :c5strength:, they can handle enemy hits and when you get hit, just raid a few tiles without spending movement points.

But pillaging without spending movement is not their most important ability but +1 sight. You can use them as fantastically powerful scouts and bombard cities with Artillery. Artillery have 3 range but -1 visibility range but using Sipahis literally removes Artillery's penalty and you can freely bombard enemy city without even get close to the city.

I'm conquering cities as Ottoman even more easily and safely than Mongols.

Ships of the line. Provided you don't get bum rushed or start with low or no Iron, when you hit that timing window you can take any coastal city. Then you can upgrade them to battleships with huge promotions.

Conqeruing the city with the Great Lighthouse is a huge boon early on too and extends the usability of your SOTLs.

Top Bottom