[BtS] Gondor Third Age Unit Pack

Topsecret's Unit Thread 2.0

Woooohoooo~!! Welcome back topsecret! So happy to see you again. These look awesome - stay motivated :thumbsup: :D

Now the Easterlings, or Romenildi as the Elves named these newcomers, were short and broad, long and strong in the arm...
Their houses and tribes were many, and some had greater liking for the Dwarfs of the mountains than for the Elves.

Here's a unit pack containing 35 Easterling units from Middle-earth.

Spoiler Gallery :

These units are for my Middle-earth Mod. Feel free to use these in whatever mod you'd like, and I would love to hear about it if you do.

Discussion Thread

Units (35) included are:
Spoiler :
Easterling Archer
Easterling Axeman
Easterling Besieger
Easterling Cataphract
Easterling City Guard
Easterling Composite Bowman
Easterling Crossbowman
Easterling Footman
Easterling Heavy Axeman
Easterling Heavy Cavalry
Easterling Heavy Footman
Easterling Heavy Horse Archer
Easterling Heavy Infantry
Easterling Heavy Spearman
Easterling Horse Archer
Easterling Hunter
Easterling Infantry
Easterling Knight
Easterling Lancer
Easterling Light Cavalry
Easterling Longbowman
Easterling Longswordsman
Easterling Marksman
Easterling Militia
Easterling Mounted Infantry
Easterling Mounted Scout
Easterling Pikeman
Easterling Sapper
Easterling Scout (Made by Ambrox62)
Easterling Shortbowman
Easterling Spearman
Easterling Swordsman
Easterling Tracker
Easterling Warrior (Made by Ambrox62)
Easterling Worker (Made by Bakuel)

XML and buttons are (as usual) included.
You will have to move the buttons folder to the correct place.

Credits

Bakuel and Ambrox62
made some of the meshes and weapons.

Many others. If you recognize some of your work, please let me know and I will highlight you here.

It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would rather have stayed there in peace.

Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would rather have stayed there in peace.
Ah that's a great quote, I'm really enjoying these releases ^^

Well, my friend, your talents are evergreen! Yet another superb collection. You're making me repeat myself when I say that this might be my favorite unit pack. There are so many great details. The shields are impeccable. The texturing and gloss of the body armors is fantastic. I really like the mesh and texturing of the greaves. And I just noticed the retexture of the longbow and the new staff. Above all, the Easterling helmets are perfect. Incredible work.

Thank you topsecret~!! :w00t:

Ah that's a great quote, I'm really enjoying these releases ^^

Well, my friend, your talents are evergreen! Yet another superb collection. You're making me repeat myself when I say that this might be my favorite unit pack. There are so many great details. The shields are impeccable. The texturing and gloss of the body armors is fantastic. I really like the mesh and texturing of the greaves. And I just noticed the retexture of the longbow and the new staff. Above all, the Easterling helmets are perfect. Incredible work.

Thank you topsecret~!! :w00t:
Well for the Easterling Movie Warriors in particular, those unit meshes and most of the textures were primarily done by Chuggi, he put this project forward light-years so many years ago. I wish he could come back and see how far I have gotten by using his craftsmanship.

I appreciate the kind words!

Oh my bad, Chuggi was before my time. But yeah, his creations are really impressive, and the way you've expanded on them (35 units!) will make this a thoroughly immersive mod :thumbsup:

In fact, the ambrox units look remastered - the 128 textures are so well done I thought they were 256. I am fully planning on using some of these Easterlings (Scout, Warrior, Hunter, Tracker, Shortbowman) as ME units for my Ancient Mediterranean mod. So many thanks in advance ;)

Bring on the Swertings! :goodjob:

Oh my bad, Chuggi was before my time. But yeah, his creations are really impressive, and the way you've expanded on them (35 units!) will make this a thoroughly immersive mod :thumbsup:

In fact, the ambrox units look remastered - the 128 textures are so well done I thought they were 256. I am fully planning on using some of these Easterlings (Scout, Warrior, Hunter, Tracker, Shortbowman) as ME units for my Ancient Mediterranean mod. So many thanks in advance ;)

Bring on the Swertings! :goodjob:
Keep up the enthusiasm. ;)

"...The main force of the Haradrim and there their horsemen were gathered about the standard of their chieftain. And he looked out, and in the growing light he saw the banner of the king, and that it was far ahead of the battle with few men about it. Then he was filled with a red wrath and shouted aloud, and displaying his standard, black serpent upon scarlet, he came against the white horse and the green with great press of men; and the drawing of the scimitars of the Southrons was like a glitter of stars..."

Here's a unit pack containing 35 Harad units from Middle-earth.

More Pictures Available on the Download Page

These units are for my Middle-earth Mod. Feel free to use these in whatever mod you'd like, and I would love to hear about it if you do.

Discussion Thread

Units (35) included are:
Spoiler :

Harad Archer
Harad Axeman
Harad Besieger
Harad Cataphract [Mumak]
Harad City Guard
Harad Composite Bowman
Harad Crossbowman
Harad Footman
Harad Heavy Axeman
Harad Heavy Cavalry
Harad Heavy Footman
Harad Heavy Horse Archer
Harad Heavy Infantry
Harad Heavy Spearman
Harad Horse Archer
Harad Hunter
Harad Infantry
Harad Knight
Harad Lancer
Harad Light Cavalry
Harad Longbowman
Harad Longswordsman
Harad Marksman
Harad Militia
Harad Mounted Infantry
Harad Mounted Scout
Harad Pikeman
Harad Sapper
Harad Scout (Made by Ambrox62)
Harad Shortbowman
Harad Spearman
Harad Swordsman
Harad Tracker
Harad Warrior (Made by Ambrox62)
Harad Worker (Made by Bakuel)

Buttons are (as usual) included.
You will have to move the buttons folder to the correct place.

Credits

Bakuel and Ambrox62
made some of the meshes and weapons.

Many others. If you recognize some of your work, please let me know and I will highlight you here.

So, fun times, I got sick which is how I got time to do this :lol:

Anyway, taking advantage of this, I've started working on Isengard Orcs, and I wanted to share updates, as I think it will help me stay motivated to continue even once I'm better :D

So here's the first.
Compare the old "skin tone" with the new. Tolkien clearly describes the orcs as having a sallow skin tone, decidedly not green. This is always something that bothered me as I always had a green set of Orcs. Now the Moria orcs are green-ish in the movie, so I want a few like that, but not all. So I now have a much improved tone. It's still got a green hint but it's more brownish-red. I'm also going to use the textures of some orcs on different heads to provide variety and make it look much better. You shall see, soon. :)

Old:
Screenshot (14).png

New:
Screenshot (13).png

Major advancement in my modding skills:

I got the latest version of blender to import and export nifs. Maybe I've been outta the loop but this is goooooood for us :D

Ah, sorry you've been sick, but it looks like you got in a little fun. I really like the skin tone! Much improved over the "goblin green".

Major advancement in my modding skills:

I got the latest version of blender to import and export nifs. Maybe I've been outta the loop but this is goooooood for us :D
:dance: Very gooooooooooood! I've always wanted to have 3 versions of blender on my PC. Please send us the info / dl links for plugins when you can. Happy weekending~!! :cool:

This is it: https://github.com/niftools/blender_niftools_addon

Scroll down and use the readme to install after you have Blender 3.x

It works with the latest version of Blender, though I will add a caveat: I have no idea how the NIFs work or what bugs could arise from using the newer version, so as always I recommend you make copies and don't destroy any of your work so far. Report back if everything is working fine :D

Top Bottom