Total Newbie - Mods

Giggsy11

Chieftain
Hi all

I am a total newbie, used to play CIV III some years ago and just waiting for CIV 5 to arrive. I am reading through this forum to get some insight on the game and I can say I cannot wait for the postman :)

I also looked at some Mods, however did not understand exactly how they work. As I can understand these are patches that will make the game more interesting right? And can you install as many mods as you like? What are some favourite ones?

Thanks for your time guys

Yes, mods bring some added value to the game.
There are different type of mods. Some bring more info to the screen, some change the rules of the game, some are maps, etc.

In the game itself there's a 'mod browser' where you can search in different categories of mods. The mods have a small explanation there, so you can see what it does.

Mind you, it can be a bit overwhelming, because there are A LOT of mods.

You can also have a look in the 'creation and customization'-forum, here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
There you can have a look what kind of mods there are (or are in development).

Hi anandus

Thanks for your reply. So you can actually browse the mods through the game itself and it will download them?

Yeah I am following that forum, some really nice mods in there which I will try later on for sure

Top Bottom