TPangolin's Assorted Icons for Civilizations

Here we go Rob - did what I could:

Icon: #3d1306
BG: #c1b66e

Alright, I updated the icon a bit and it looks much more elegant now. :) It took me a while to align everything "perfectly"; I had to be clever with how the shapes, guides, and such were aligned as it is a 21 point star, and thus not the same width and height.

Here's a ZIP file to some various configurations: https://db.tt/Fc2kanVA (Dropbox)

Here are a couple of variations on the icon - I gave it a unique colour scheme too that is yet to be used by other mods.

Icon: #d6b66b
BG: #320d17

Looks great. :) What texture do you use to give the reflection and the sort of embossed design it has?

Here's the Layer Style settings:

Spoiler :

Thanks. What about for the reflection on the icon? And, is there a general limit for how big you should make the design inside the icon, or is it just arbitrary? How big should the icon be? I think I heard there's supposed to be icons for different sizes in game.

And for colors — I think I heard there's official Civ colors that the Civ has to use. Is this just for the borders in game and text, and the icon can use whatever? Where could I find these colors?

Thanks. That's a lot of questions, for which I apologize. I'm a newbie at modding. :)

I just use Sukritact's icon template. Regarding sizes, refer to the icon pixel dimension sheet by Framedarchitect.

Regarding official colours - I'm not sure what you're talking about. You can use any colour in the spectrum for your civ colours.

@ TPangolin + Woopert
Hope it's ok to cut off one of the sun icon for my own mod? Suits quite good for my planned Kingdom of Kush. ;)

I can make you a unique colour scheme if you like.

Yeah, thx for your kind offer.

Anyhow I really liked that 3rd from Woopert and allready plugged it in:

Spoiler :

...I'd really like to get a unique one. The colors have been quite interesting, as I thought about a brown/darkbrown background and the desert like color for the sign. Even the opposite might look quite good.

Please be sure I am no graphical genious if I present my 5min painted suggestions:

Spoiler :
and

Background for Kingdom of Kush is here:

Spoiler :
Kingdom of Kush

I plan to give them unique spearman (currently greek replacement) and their origin is at Blue Nile, White Nile and River Atbara. So the second suggestion with the 3 lines in the small pyramide could also be 3 waves to represent those rivers (probably in blue color?). Unlike Egypt they built smaller pyramids, so I will denie them to build the grand pyramide wonder but grant them small one (currently burial tomb replacement).

As this civilization will be my very first starter, I'm currently learning by doing. After plugged in your fine artwork with whoward69's tutorial, I recognized a graphical bug. I do have the new icon everywhere except in the religions, where it seems to randomly picked some of the other players. Do you have a hint how to solve this?

Spoiler :

You'll need the icon alpha for that :)

I'll make you a new icon if you want - unless you are happy with the one already made.

Oh, seems I'm totally new to the icon stuff.
Whatever you think would fit best. I'm happy with a color swapped (dark brown logo on sahara background) one of Woopert or if you would be so kind to do a new icon. I just don't want to get two civs with the same icon.

Go for it!

Top Bottom