TrackMania

Chukchi Husky

Lone Wolf
http://www.trackmania.com/en/

This is a game that I recently got into after downloading the free version a couple of weeks ago and recently buying the full version.

TrackMania is a racing game, but where the tracks are designed like a rollercoaster or a Hot Wheels track, with lots of jumps and loops, and comes with a track editor. The idea is to finish the tracks in the fastest time possible to get a medal (bronze, silver and gold). You can race against others but you can't hit their cars (which is probably a good thing considering the tracks), and your amount of medals is ranked with every other player in the world.

There are two recent versions of the game. There's Nations Forever, which is the free version, and has only one environment and one car. The other version is United Forever, which includes Nations, and adds six more environments, each with it's own car, and four game modes. The two versions are compatible with each other.

Its a good game that I played quite a bit but haven't played it for some time now. Some of the custom tracks are simply about finishing rather than actually finishing fast and reward people who can spend a lot of time learning them.

Hm, just picked up Trackmania Sunrise and I don't like it a bit. It's much too arcade-like; jump from a bridge under a slightly bad corner and you end up having to drive back for half a minute...
And the whole thing (in particular steering) seems to happen much too fast - I'm used to all kinds of action and racing games but this one is insanely fast, causing me to veer from left to right the whole time. At first it looked like a modern version of Stunts 4D but I'm hugely disappointed.

I have TrackMania United Forever and TrackMania DS, both are good games

Top Bottom