Trade Routes?

CivIVMonger

Emperor
There is no section in the civilopedia that explains this, thus I must post in the forums. What exactly are trade routes. Aside from basic commerce Multypliers, mathamatically and presicly what do they do?

Thanks in advance!:)

Trade routes earn money to put it simply. Trade routes happen automatically between cities that are connected by roads, rivers etc. When you grant open borders to another civ, you'll get trade routes between your cities and theirs, assuming the connecting requirements are met. For example, if you build roads to the border and your neighbor has done the same in an adjacent tile, your trade network will be connected to his, assuming all the roads are connected to cities.

Once you research sailing, trade can happen along coasts and rivers between cities that are adjacent to the coast and rivers. Once you research astronomy, trade routes can traverse ocean squares.

Foreign and overseas trade routes are much more lucrative than TRs' amongst your own cities.

Once again, for all of your basic questions, there is a thread. If you could stop flooding the forum with basic stuff, I am sure I would not be the only one to be pleased. Thanks in advance.

Once again, for all of your basic questions, there is a thread. If you could stop flooding the forum with basic stuff, I am sure I would not be the only one to be pleased. Thanks in advance.

Would be helpful if that thread was treated as a FAQ with the Q & As people ask posted in the first post, after the questions are answered.
Civ4 has needed a large detailed FAQ for years and hasn't gotten it.

Trade routes earn money to put it simply. Trade routes happen automatically between cities that are connected by roads, rivers etc. When you grant open borders to another civ, you'll get trade routes between your cities and theirs, assuming the connecting requirements are met. For example, if you build roads to the border and your neighbor has done the same in an adjacent tile, your trade network will be connected to his, assuming all the roads are connected to cities.

Once you research sailing, trade can happen along coasts and rivers between cities that are adjacent to the coast and rivers. Once you research astronomy, trade routes can traverse ocean squares.

Foreign and overseas trade routes are much more lucrative than TRs' amongst your own cities.

Thank you, for not crapping in my face.:mad:

For a breakdown of trade income roll your mouse over the trade section of a city screen. It will tell you all the info for income.

i have no problem with people comin on here with simple questions... it is more annoying, however, to have to read crappy snobby posts like this

i have no problem with people comin on here with simple questions... it is more annoying, however, to have to read crappy snobby posts like this
I don't want to put words in JujuLautre's mouth, but I don't think that he's really trying to be snobby or rude. He's just pointing out that CivIVMonger has been generating a lot of threads (I counted 80 just before writing this - in just over a month), and many of his questions could be answered in commonly accessed threads or by doing searches.

Juju isn't the first to say this, and he's just echoing what others have said (also in frustration) elsewhere. I'm sure that C4M is just trying to fit in, since he is just a new guy on the block, and he's going a little crazy with the new thread button. He's found a nifty new community of like minded folks and he's excited about it. There's nothing wrong with that.

I don't mind reading or answering basic questions either, but it is getting to be a little too much and I have to agree with Juju on this one. There's a thread for Newbie questions.

Old threads get forgotten real quickly. I don't have a problem with reiterating simple questions simply because advanced players find new strategies and new avenues weekly. Why not revisit a subject and share the new knowledge?

Old threads get forgotten real quickly. I don't have a problem with reiterating simple questions simply because advanced players find new strategies and new avenues weekly. Why not revisit a subject and share the new knowledge?

I totally agree. Plus, if you don't like the guys threads, ignore them. If a moderator hasn't posted in this thread scolding the dude, why should anybody else?

I don't see anyboy complaining about rehashing all the Wonder strategies in the Strategy & Tips thread for the umpteenth time.

I'm new to this game, and I had some basic questions that I spent ages searching that 'newbie questions' thread for answers to. The search has a number of major limitations built into it, which makes it slow and frustrating.

After a great deal of searching, I gave up, and posted a couple of questions. I'm very grateful to the helpful people who replied.

If some of you find questions from beginners so irritating, maybe it would be a good idea to have a sub-forum rather than having to rely on searching a single thread with thousands of posts in it.

A good thing about questions from beginners is that other, just slightly more experienced players can answer them - so that you can start to feel like you are contributing to the forum quite quickly. Experienced players can ignore such posts. So although I have only just started, I hope that, within a week or two, I will be able to help out people who are as new to the game as I am now.

If a sub-forum is a bad idea, maybe we could have a new prefix, [New player] or [Noob] or some such, to identify such posts?

Certainly, I would hate to have to trawl that Newbie thread every time I had a question.

Cheers

I'm new to this game, and I had some basic questions that I spent ages searching that 'newbie questions' thread for answers to. The search has a number of major limitations built into it, which makes it slow and frustrating.

After a great deal of searching, I gave up, and posted a couple of questions. I'm very grateful to the helpful people who replied.

If some of you find questions from beginners so irritating, maybe it would be a good idea to have a sub-forum rather than having to rely on searching a single thread with thousands of posts in it.

A good thing about questions from beginners is that other, just slightly more experienced players can answer them - so that you can start to feel like you are contributing to the forum quite quickly. Experienced players can ignore such posts. So although I have only just started, I hope that, within a week or two, I will be able to help out people who are as new to the game as I am now.

If a sub-forum is a bad idea, maybe we could have a new prefix, [New player] or [Noob] or some such, to identify such posts?

Certainly, I would hate to have to trawl that Newbie thread every time I had a question.

Cheers

The only stupid questions are ones that go unasked. If someone feels the need to express their irritation with your question or offer an opinion as to where, how, and why it should be posted, ignore them as they should have ignored your question if they find your posts/question irritable. If it doesn't say "MODERATOR" beneath their name, their opinions about how or what you post doesn't mean squat.

I'm not at all against people asking basic questions. Check my account: I spent more time in the "newbies basic questions" thread answering stuff than most of the people on these boards.

I have a problem, however, with someone opening a new thread each time he has some basic stuff to ask. It just reduces the visibility of the forum and floods interesting stuffs in the middle of lots of annoying stuffs. I also have a problem with people arriving on a forum and just imposing their way of doing things without taking the time to look at first how the forum works.

So, I say it. But as someone said before, I'm not a moderator, so my opinion is obviously total crap. Still, I would be glad if CivIVMonger could calm himself and stop his current behaviour, and I am quite sure I am not the only one to think that.

Lemon Merchant > I think you can continue putting words in my mouth ;)

I understand that the thread a minute thing can be a little annoying to some people, but CivIVMonger has already cooled down. I saw his profile and the last thread he started was two days ago. He already recognized that he could do better.

Yes, I would agree that I post WAY to many threads and it's somewhat rude, I didn't realize that in the past, But I actually didn't know there was a search feature. If I did, I Promise you that 75% of my threads that I started would not be here. I really didn't know there was a search feature until yesterday. I haven't started a thread since then, have I? ... When I manually searched for most of the questions that I flooded in this forum, Yes I did search Manually. Were not available, Genaral Discusion, Strategy and Tips, you name it. Please work with me here and try to put yourself in my shoes. I am a bad user for anything electronic. I was never just posting to get a quick answer, I really, really, couldn't find anything related in an already started thread. Even If I got close, the thread was dead. Also, believe me or not, I couldn't find out elsewere. Please, I was never trying to be annoying or rude,:( I was trying NOT to be annoying or rude. Sorry.:sad:
Civmonger.:sad:

His question threads have stopped, but so have the Prince level series he was trying to host. What I think is that we should give him a break and let him be. I bet he won't be so annoying anymore.

BTW, CivIVMonger, WHERE ARE THE NEW EPISODES OF THE PRINCE CLICHE?!?

I have lots of questions to, but more then half the time I can find the answers by searching.

I think either Ai Shizuka or you said I was posting way too many. I haven't abandon them. In fact, I was just thinking if I should post one tonight or not. I have 3 so let's see... A heathly frequency would be 1 a week right? So thats 3 weeks for my series to average the series. I think it's about time for another, right?:) This one, (If all goes well.) Will include a WB save for sure and mabye photobucket screenshots.

Also. I'm keeping cliche rather than clique. Sorry, it just sorta stuck.:) Oh and one more thing, what leader should I pick?

Back
Top Bottom