Trucks without combustion

EquinoxOmega

Scientist
I don't know if this topic has been discussed in the forum yet.

How do trucks run without combution? You can devolloped stocked company without combution but then you get trucks. How can they work?

I know that it's only a small mistake in the game-concept but it always makes me think. Furthermore I am sorry, because I don't know the exact names of the technologies in the English-version. They are only freely translated from German.

Early trucks used Steam Engine (a French scientist named CUGNOT is well known for having developped one that was quite performing, almost a century sooner than the growth of the internal combustion engine).

I read in a book that the first steam engin was built in the B.C.'s (can't remember a closer reference to the date, though it might be something like 150 B.C.). It was never actually used to power anything, however.

@ la fayette
That's a possiblity. I haven't thought about it. But I expect that they were not very efficient.

@ Prof Garfield
Yes, the first steam engine was invented by the Greek scientist Thales(he also invented lots of other things). It was construted for fun, for a show-effect. But Thales didn't see the possiblity to use it as powersource for engines. Although he knew about basically mechanic but obviously he couldn't combinate it in his thoughts.

Trucks are just the "symbolic representation" of trade units after you discover Corporation, much as Camels are the unit before. I doubt many societies (aside from those around deserts) used Camels after horses were domesticated. Amusing, though, that a Trireme (Roman/Persian warship) has to carry a Camel to make a trade route. I wish we had some basic merchant ship before Galleons (which were pretty heavily armed as well).

ElephantU said:
Trucks are just the "symbolic representation" of trade units after you discover Corporation, much as Camels are the unit before. I doubt many societies (aside from those around deserts) used Camels after horses were domesticated.
Incidentally, in real life camels were domesticated much later than horses, so even fewer people will have used them before the horse was domesticated.

@ ElephantU and The last Conformist: Concerning camels: Well, camels are slower than horses but they have a good endurence and that's important for a long voyage across a desert. Even in Europe other domestic animals than horses has been use to transport trade goods. They uses oxes, donkeys or Maultiere(sorry, I couldn't find a translation in my dictionary).

Actually, It's a game and not real life so being unrealistic is not unusual.

Just kidding.

Actually the symbolism is probably right.

Top Bottom