Try My Game: Battle for Wesnoth

Sirp

Emperor
I've spent the last six months or so developing my own strategy game, and I'd love to hear what people here think of it.

It's got a fantasy/RPG theme to it, and it's freely available. The web page is here, or you can get the latest version right here (this version is for Windows, source code and versions for MacOSX and Linux are also available from the web site). It's still in development, so please excuse any instability.

A screenshot to whet your appetite, showing Elves and Men facing it off over a river, with battle taking place in the south:

Any comments are appreciated!

-Sirp.

I'll throw in a vote of support for it. That's because I'm one of the developers ;) .

Sirp... just where is that shot from? Old version? I don't recognize the elven leader (Looks like an elven konrad, right above the mountains) and the stat info on the right also looks slightly old.
Incidentally, your sig leads to an old page, with a redirect to another old page. Point it to the new one.

Incidentally for, all your lurkers and wonderers, let me give some more info from my current version:
Units are shown on the minimap!
Units can be color-coded (like Civ3)

I'm developing the Undead Campaign.

Ya know... it's incredible how little the "Soldier" in that pic has changed, while the rest of the game has passed it by.

This game is alot better than I was expecting it to be when I downloaded it...good work!:goodjob:

Swedish translation is the most complete. I used to work on the Norwegian one, but I fell off. Might just get working on it again.

>YOU< can help us translate, by the way.

This I great. I have been playing it for two days now and it's awesome, although I'm not very good at it... takes several tries to complete a campaign scenario usually.. The AI is quite smart and the game is designed very well.

:goodjob: to all the makers! :goodjob:

The AI is annoyingly smart and still very exploitable. I promise you, by the time we're done you'll be wishing for a human opponent.

Hey, we're popular!

Some of you are Wesnoth Developers? Well, congrats on making this excellent game. I had noticed Wesnoth over at happypenguin one day and since then (ver 0.66-.70?) I've been enjoying it. The map generator is pretty good for quick MP games.

It's a shining example for open source games. Three :) :) :), well earned.

P.S
If there's ever going to be a Wesnoth 2. Could it be in a modern fantasy setting (shadowrun, warhammer)? ;)

'Tis a shining game. Tried it myself and still playing it.
Only thing that annoys me is slow internet games are secondary characters dying off in the campaign and so ending it all in defeat.

Top Bottom