TSG 222 Opening Actions Thread

Nizef

Emperor
GOTM Staff
This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

- What did you think about before starting the game, what was your approach to this game?
- Where did you settle and what did you build first?
- How did the terrain and map settings affect your early decisions?
- What were your initial priorities?
- What tech path did you follow and why?
- What Social Policies did you choose?
- What Wonders did you try to get and did you get them?
- Did you get a religion? What religious beliefs did you pick?

Its turn 95. This has been a very messy game for me :crazyeye:
  • What did you think about before starting the game, what was your approach to this game? - How did the terrain and map settings affect your early decisions? - What were your initial priorities?
    • I started out debating between a wonder spamming tall game and a sacred sites wide game. I decided tall and opened Tradition and took Aristocracy; that helped me get GL. (ToA is not in the game, its not even listed on the Archery tile in the tech tree). But then when I explored a little more and saw all that land I thought, what the heck, lets try Sacred Sites so I switched to Piety. Then I ran into the barbarian horde and they kept blocking my settlers. I wanted to get my second city on the silver by Mt. Kili but my settler couldn't get through the barbs so I had to settle a secondary spot. I had to check like 3 or 4 times to make sure raging barbs wasn't on. I don't think I've ever seen as many barbs on normal setting as in this game.
  • Where did you settle and what did you build first?
    • Settled on the marble and went Scout, Scout, Shrine because at that point I was still thinking about possibly going for SS.
  • What tech path did you follow and why?
    • A very messy one because I kept switching plans.
  • What Social Policies did you choose?
    • Tradition plus Aristocracy. Then switched and went full Piety to try for Sacred Sites.
  • What Wonders did you try to get and did you get them?
    • So far I have gotten every wonder I went for and have: GL, Parthenon, Oracle, Petra, Borobudur and Hagia Sophia.
  • Did you get a religion? What religious beliefs did you pick?
    • I got a religion with Pantheon of Monument to the Gods (because why not stack wonder power) and picked Tithe, Mosques (Halle had gotten first religion with Desert Folklore and took Pagodas. He's going to be a problem.). I did get Sacred Sites next. Then when I got to the enhancemnent phase, Halle had already taken Cathedrals. Since I had SS I was going to take Monastaries since I did have some Wine and would have Incense soon. But I didn't have much faith generation and was worried I wouldn't have enought to purchase them. So I went with +2 faith per Wonder and Interant Preachers. So I have SS with only one building. I think I may just go take out Halle and spread his religion to my cities to get his faith buildings. Then switch back to my religion for SS. But that is probably going to take way too much time. As I said, a messy game.
    [/B]
I don't think I'm doing very well. As can be seen on the map, I only have 3 cities and they're not very big. But the AI hasn't really expanded so I plan now to spam some settlers and fill the land with Egyptian cities.

Attachments

• T95 Map.jpg
    T95 Map.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom