TSG 225 Opening Actions Thread

vadalaz

Emperor
GOTM Staff
This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play.

Quick links: Upload submission | Announcement thread | After actions

- What did you think about before starting the game, what was your approach to this game?
- Where did you settle and what did you build first?
- How did the terrain and map settings affect your early decisions?
- What were your initial priorities?
- What tech path did you follow and why?
- What Social Policies did you choose?
- What Wonders did you try to get and did you get them?
- Did you get a religion? What religious beliefs did you pick?

I tried to take some screenshots, but it didn't work (or I couldn't find the files afterwards). So I'll try and report from memory.

At turn 100 I had settled 4 cites. I placed the capital on the desert hill east of the mountain. 2nd city 3 tiles further east, next to another mountain. One city on the coast to have access to the sea, and another one next to Lake Victoria with Wine in its 3rd ring.

As we had Alex close by, I settled my cities with defensibility in mind, and tried to keep them close to each other.

Pantheon was Goddess of Festivals, with extra Faith for Wine. I eventually founded a religion with Tithe and extra production, later also added extra growth and cheaper missionaries.

My priority was becoming number 1 in tech. Beelined Writing and settled the free GS for an early academy, then got Philosphy relatively soon for an early NC (t59),

Built a Scout first, and I was lucky enough to get 7 ruins in this game:
Archery, Gold (used to buy a 2nd scout), extra pop, Pottery (which I was already researching anyway, but it may have saved me a turn or two), Culture, Gold, Map

I bribed Alex to attack Rome first, but they eventually made peace so I focused on building an army and some Walls of Babylon, bracing for the inevitable attack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom