TSG169 Opening Actions

raider980

King
Hahaha! I was going to resign so I came here. But I've decided I am going to play it out. It is beatable since its immortal and not deity; it is going to require troops though, lots of troops.

Edit. PS. We need an Opening Actions thread for this one. Because you'll discover the April Fools around T100 and it would be fun to discuss strategy going forward.

Moderator Action: Moved this post from the AAR thread and it installed itself as the OP because of the time stamp. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is for discussing your strategy in moving forward after you discover the April Fool's gift you received in this game. This was suggested by raider980 and I thought it a good idea. Best of luck in your game.

Oh, cool, thanks. We should probably put our posts in spoiler tags since someone might come in here at like T80 since that's what it normally is like for OA thread. So here's my thoughts.

Spoiler reveals the surprise :
I went Liberty because large map. When I saw we were on an island surrounded by ocean I should have switched to Tradition. People who chose Tradition I think will have an advantage. I didn't switch because I didn't realize just how long it took to get embarkation to be able cross oceans - it takes forever!

Then when I did get to cross oceans, I realized the April Fool's joke! Like I said I was going to quit but then I thought, we're Carthage, we can cross the mountains but no one else can so we'll be safe on our island for the whole game with no need to defend (not sure if paratroopers and nukes can cross the mountains?). But we'll need a great general for that, so the next policy choice after discovering the mountains has to be two in Honor. I guess it would be possible to sit on the island with a 3 city Tradition and win, but that would be boring.

I'm going to use my Liberty settler to found a city on the mainland. Then go to war with whoever is closest and punch a hole through them to get to the outer coast. Then I can found or capture some coastal cities to take advantage of the Carthage UA. (I've never played donut but I assume it means there is water all around the outside of the mainland).

I am currently at turn 180...

Spoiler :

...but of course I will rather discuss the general one.

When I saw, that I was seperated from all, I didn't make the connection directly, that I would be able to pass the mountains.
So I don't know whether shifting ressources to get that General directly is worth it.

Anyway, I was able to found a 4th city close to Byzantium in front of the mountains and soon after that got a unit from a militaristic CS which then stood on the other side...so I was at least able to start some running around...

Top Bottom