TSL number of civs at launch

RohirrimElf

Emperor
I`m really interested in TSL games on a huge earth map. Preferable at launch or with mods closesly after release. With the current number of civilizations. What would your setup be?

This would be my best pick:

huge map

1) America
2) Aztec
3) Brazil
4) England
5) Germany
6) Arabia
7) Egypt
8) Kongo
9) India
10) Japan
11) Russia
12) Scythia

I understand Europe has been really important historically. And many of the most influential civilizations of the past 2500 years came from this erea as is seen in the civs rooster at launch. This limits our choices by a good bit as they are placed in a cramped area.

Any suggestions for the best use of earth space? Or if you prefer a large map with 10 civs. What list?

I suppose I don't really understand the appeal of TSL. I virtually always play on the real Earth map, but for me part of the fun is figuring out where I started and enjoying the absurdity of encountering America in Manchuria and Rome in Argentina. :dunno: In fact, I was rather disappointed in my last Civ5 game when I ran into Brazil in Brazil. Actually, I'm disappointed when I run into Brazil anywhere because I haven't played a single game of Civ5 since BNW released without Brazil showing up, but that's a different matter. So help me, if they show up in my first game of Civ6 I'm restarting, I don't care how perfect my starting location is. >_<

Zaarin,

For me the appeal of TSL is not just in the early game but in the middle-late game. When civs/city states are on their right locations. For any civ game the early game is the most entertaining anyways.

I suppose I can see why some people would enjoy that sort of accuracy--though heaven pity the poor souls stuffed into overcrowded Europe. :p

I always enjoy TSL maps but have to ask myself how big it would have to be to accommodate Civ VI's way of city building. I can see a huge or giant Europe, for sure.

Top Bottom