Turn 124 - 90BC

akots

Poet
The deal with C3B expires next turn (2 turns left).

Barbarian hunt is coming to an end. Our heroic warrior (I'm playing TAM mod) dispersed their encampement and we acquired 25 g from the rabble.

Attachments

• ISDG-090BC-Battlefield.JPG
    ISDG-090BC-Battlefield.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 78
This is our mainland. The galleys of CDZ and C3B are nearby our shores. Very aggressive bunch is this C3B indeed.

Galley production is progressing well. The only thing that is somewhat annoying is that Savannah needs aqueduct for growth and by not building it we are losing 2gpt unit support and 3 beakers/turn science. Not a big price for a one-time investment of 50 shields imo. Also, we are building galleys there but the city has barracks.

Otherwise, all quiet, Feudalism ready soon. It might be a good idea if Rik starts playing the next turn together with me. We can come both to MSN and wrap it up with the help of rcoutme. The next turn is rather important. We might want to block as many coastal tiles as we reasonably can.

Attachments

• ISDG-090BC-Mainland.JPG
    ISDG-090BC-Mainland.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 81
akots said:
Otherwise, all quiet, Feudalism ready soon. It might be a good idea if Rik starts playing the next turn together with me. We can come both to MSN and wrap it up with the help of rcoutme. The next turn is rather important. We might want to block as many coastal tiles as we reasonably can.

Maybe the governors should too ;)

akots said:
Deal. I'll be glad to join up with you.

I'm waiting for cable internet to be installed at my place for 2 months now. If I get it, I might be available in my free time. Otherwise, it's just browsing through the forums while at work.

Good call on the next turn's importance, akots. Do you (team) think that the C3B galley next to the C3B warrior holds anything? Settler combo perhaps?

RegentMan said:
Good call on the next turn's importance, akots. Do you (team) think that the C3B galley next to the C3B warrior holds anything? Settler combo perhaps?

Just to tell you, they claim there is nothing in there :rolleyes:

By attacking first, we give them war happiness and gain the reputation of an aggressor though indeed we will be defending. It all would be OK if we can kill the warrior with JT to tirgger GA. But it is unlikely they will allow this.

Both of these actions will give them a certain edge politically in the UN and in-game. It might be better to wait but really hard to tell.

Could we start some diplomatic complaints about C3B units close to our borders first?

That way at least politicaly we would be considered as only defending ourselves.

Then we should let the embassador or volunteer Goonie set-up a "rude" and "impolite" (but not threatening) letter that we can send to C3B. They don't like us doing it, thus get more and more irritated by us and start to behave more predictable.

I'd rather know what they are doing than be speculating on what they'll do.

I agree with Rik.

Let's let them make the first move... but have troops ready to make ours.

GCA attacked CDZ and they striked back. Hard. We should do the same when we are attacked, except that we'll be ready with invasion ships... :hammer:

Or is that possible? Will we be able to both defend our nation and attack them? Will we be able to block the high-defence tiles?

If given instructions from the proper authority, I would be glad to draft a letter.

CDZ have played the turn, so we will probably receive it today late evening US time. May be tomorrow European time in the morning? Will try to pm you or catch on MSN then.

akots said:
CDZ have played the turn, so we will probably receive it today late evening US time. May be tomorrow European time in the morning? Will try to pm you or catch on MSN then.
European time in the morning I'll be at work.
It's now 20:25 (my time) = 14:30 New York time
I can play tomorrow from about 19:00 (= 13:00 NYT) till 01:00 (= 19:00 NYT). Pick a time.

19.00 US Eastern is 17.00 in Houston and I'm still at work. Even if I get the admin here finally to install MSN at work I still have no civ here. Hows about tomorrow morning before you go to work? Will take about 30-40 mins. I'll be at home from around 10 pm (22.00 US Central) which is at 5am your time. Can stay online till 2am which is around 9am European time.

I think that we should wait a bit longer for a attack. If we attack and deal a few good blows, CDZ will not aid C3B. However waiting for a attack may be better in some ways, for then their land will be unprotected.

Top Bottom