Turn 950AD stability hit

FakeShady

Prince
Was playing as the Carthaginians from the 3000BC start, decided not to go for the UHVs. My stability was at a healthy +5. When the turn AD950 reached, i suddenly dropped right to -24, and the following turn i immendiately lost a city to independance, decreasing my stability even more until i eventually reached civil war. Bug/feature?? All my instability drop was in the "foreign" section of stability, though i've done absolutely no wrong in that area to explain such a huge drop.

I suspect it is a built-in feature that makes the older civs collapse, though i'm not entirely sure about thi

If it helps, I saw someone mention this in the DoC thread about Byzantium.

If it helps, I saw someone mention this in the DoC thread about Byzantium.

Yeah that was me -.- i realized this 950AD thing applies to other civs too. (Got the same prob with Germany) Not sure if im the only one

AD 940 is a normalization turn, so that's probably what happened. Basically, everybody's stability gets adjusted so that the average is closer to zero. Since there are a lot of new civilizations around then, you want to be a lot higher than +5 just before that happens. Although that does seem to be an unusually large adjustment.

AD 940 is a normalization turn, so that's probably what happened. Basically, everybody's stability gets adjusted so that the average is closer to zero. Since there are a lot of new civilizations around then, you want to be a lot higher than +5 just before that happens. Although that does seem to be an unusually large adjustment.

Does it only adjust down or if the average is below 0 does it give stability? Also what are the normalization turns

I think a positive adjustment is theoretically possible but unlikely to happen very often. It happens at the end of turns which are 5 less than multiples of 20, starting at 115 or so.

Does it only adjust down or if the average is below 0 does it give stability?

Normalization occurs every like 15 turns after 600 A.D. IIRC. It reduces any nation above +50 stability to 50 stability (Mostly to prevent the old runaway Persia that a good human could get +170ish stability.) and any nation below -50 stability to -50 stability (I think this one is to prevent that unstable 'infection' from spreading too wildly.)

Top Bottom