Turn Discussion Thread

I agree W.

Should we be somewhat prepared for events by accumulating some gold? I think the minimum would be 4 gold to survive from forest fire without unhappy faces (forest is lost). If we want to preserve the forest we need 10 gold. We could run the slider lower for 1 turn to get the gold and then continue with 100% science.

Ok. After slavery we need at minimum 10 gold. However I suggest that we accumulate now at least 4 gold to handle forest fire.

I think we may have been perfectly aligned to learn Bronze Working on the exact same turn our worker needed it. This may have been thrown off with the commerce-earning trick used to build the workboat... Someone should check to see how close we'll get in turns and how many we can afford for cash.

After reconsideration we can actually postpone collecting gold at this point. Forest fire is only a problem, if happy cap has been reached or would be reached in next 10 turns. So we can wait until population is 4.

After reconsideration we can actually postpone collecting gold at this point. Forest fire is only a problem, if happy cap has been reached or would be reached in next 10 turns. So we can wait until population is 4.
Losing the forest is still a pain, though. But I think the risk is low enough that we should not waste the turn of research this early in the game for it.

Oh, and regarding the Warrior... wow, we are certainly very unlucky! Worst possible outcome without him actually dying. :(

With 10 turns to heal out in open territory, I'm not sure if it's even worth the time. More than likely another animal will appear soon enough anyway, so it might be worth just doing a runner and seeing how far we can get.

On the other hand, there's a forested hill within sight. That'd be the ideal place to heal, if we want to take the time. (Man, 10 turns is very harsh.)

I guess my vote is for 1W -> 1 SW, then healing at this stage. However, the utmost priority should be to stay clear of any animals. We can't do much about the fast-moving wolves and panthers - but if we see any lions or bears, we should definitely head in the opposite direction regardless. At this stage a falling leaf would kill our Warrior. ;)

The Wheel researched.

Lion appears to the southeast of our Warrior. We move west onto the forest. No new resources discovered.

Next turn, move Warrior SW onto the forest-hill (barring any other animal appearances)?

Yep, keep running. If the lion lets us rest, heal on the hill. If not, we keep going as far as me can.

The lion ended up moving 1SW. Not exactly chasing us, but if it went NW next turn we'd be trapped. So obviously I climbed the hill.

More hills lie beyond. I vote that if at all possible (i.e. no animals appearing directly next to us) we stop here and heal as much as possible. If, and only if, the lion continues to chase us I vote we move NW.

Also in case you can't tell, we can make up to 13 gold per turn by turning off science. If we have a turn to spare, I wouldn't mind doing this sometime to avoid losing a forest.

Wait and heal seems best unless lion comes close. Going NW might trap warrior so I like W more, if we had to move.

The lion broke off pursuit, our warrior seems safe for now. He began healing and will stay like that until more animals scare him away. The worker is nearing completion so that's good.

Didn't bother with the hassle of a picture as absolutely nothing new was revealed. Just look at the picture above instead and pretend the lion is gone. :)

Righto. Keep healing until anything else appears, I guess. Going to be fairly quiet the next few turns, until we get the Worker. :)

I agree W.

Should we be somewhat prepared for events by accumulating some gold? I think the minimum would be 4 gold to survive from forest fire without unhappy faces (forest is lost). If we want to preserve the forest we need 10 gold. We could run the slider lower for 1 turn to get the gold and then continue with 100% science.

are you sure random events are turned on?
i remember reading theyre turned off due to mean imbalance? but of course i cant find the thread i read it in :(

are you sure random events are turned on?
i remember reading theyre turned off due to mean imbalance? but of course i cant find the thread i read it in :(

Events should be on.

There is a thread named like "map and game settings: Results". Where this has been said.

Wolf appeared to the NW of our Warrior. Since he's only at 0.3 strength, he would have died had he stayed in place. Given that there was a lion to the east, the only logical place to move was SW.

No new resources revealed.

Can't attach a screenshot for some reason, my internet connection is weird. Photobucket won't work either.

Top Bottom