Turn timer

Volapyk

Warlord
Sorry for being lazy, but I'm at a LAN and we would like to try to play a civ5 game, however we have a slight problem with the turn timer. One on hand we all agree that is has to be there, but some of the players are finding it too short, is there anyway to increase the length of it?

No, none I'm aware of, sorry.

It is truly a sad thing that such simple things like the turn timer are not customizable. I mean really! It is just as bad that you cannot personalize treaty durations as well. But something as simple as an agreed upon turn timer is another thing.

The turn timer is a serious issue that should be addressed, like..., how do you pause it!!! I enjoy playing multiplayer games on occasion but there are so many issues, uurgghh. Finding good players is one of them, not necessarily good, but...there are so many players that leave after like 10 min, then to find another game, and pretty soon hours are wasted so I go back to single player.

Sorry for being lazy, but I'm at a LAN and we would like to try to play a civ5 game, however we have a slight problem with the turn timer. One on hand we all agree that is has to be there, but some of the players are finding it too short, is there anyway to increase the length of it?

For a LAN, just dont use the turn timer! If someone is being unreasonable with turn time, walk over and make them end their turn :p

I successfully changed our turn timer using a hex editor like HxD. Its not always at the same address but this will point you in the right direction: If you search the file for the current value, which for me was 90 or 5A in hex, you will find several instances but the one we are looking for is around 80 bytes before the player color definitions. Which, at least are partly are defined in plain text (e.g.: PLAYERCOLOR_ARABIA) making them easier to find than some lone integer like 90. If you wanted it to be under 256 seconds, its as simple as changing that value. However, if you want to make it greater, you will have to make sure your 2-byte integer is in Big Endian, which just means that the bytes order is reversed. For example, 256 would be 0001 instead of 0100 as you might expect. Remember this is the byte I was referring to earlier followed by next one, not the previous one. I wasn't sure exactly how to convert the values to hex in HxD so i just used the programmer functions of the Windows 7 calculator. The attached image should help. Also on imgur: http://imgur.com/qWx735z.

Attachments

• civ5_tuntimer.png
    civ5_tuntimer.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 383
Top Bottom