Turns 123-140

I guess we need confirmation GONG has scrapped the idea of bringing SABER into the warmth again prior to playing the turn. Or do we play it and hold back on the 200 gold?

Maybe i really missing something here, but i don't understand why anyone would want to help Saber. And i'm not talking from an emotional point of view.

All Saber can give is a tech for the start of a new era. They sure as hell can't research with their current unit cost, so whoever supports them with need to constantly supply them. They can't afford to build any new units because of the support costs at present.

To be of any help they need to remove the blockaide but to do so is dangerous and would reqiure a balancing act over time so they don't open up to an invasion before they can handle it. So it will be quite a while before you would see any return on that massive investment

And finally they have very skilled players on their team and a vey very dangerous UU, so how stupid would the people who bring them back into the game at great expense look when they end up getting whacked by Saber.

The way i see it, leaving Saber where they are is best outcome for everyone (except Saber). The only way it could make any sense to me is to help Saber to get a 3 on 2, kill the 2 and then ask Saber to settle for 3rd and tank (which can't be entirely legal).

I have played the turn but not posted it yet. Still time to remove the 200 gold. Not sure how to do since we have not recieved anything from GONG backing down from this annoying idea of helping SABER.

OK, maybe we should not ask for a second extension so I have posted the save now. ETA Council is 4 turns and first units land the turn prior to this.

Why were you delaying??

GONGs plan to trade with SABER and reward them for their game spoiling activities. Not sure we should send then 200 gold if they go hand over techs to SABER. So wanted teh team to discuss first.

oh. Ok. I'm completely out of the loop currently. I hope the ban on CFC at work lifts soon. I miss you guys. :cry:

Gong will not do anything without our approval. JB suggested we take Leo's from them as they're prebuilding. I suggest we swap wonders so they can prepare an onslaught for Free.

How close are we to knights? They'll have invention in a few.

We have Chivalry. Stopped research now to hoard gold for upgrades (that is if we have enough MWs surviving to upgrade) Two turns to landing major forces in Council territory, 2 MWs will hopefully land next turn as a reconnaisance TF. Question is if they will be able to? They have a line of units too, but yet not solid so there is still hope.
And the major news, one of the onetilers off SABER flipped. Just our luck! 2 towns were ours 5 or 6 theirs all ahd about the same chance and we have the flip. Well, who cares! We are after all just going to have some fun with our army in Council before doing what is not forbidden, sell our assets to GONG. We should maybe make use of the GA we might have and build units to line "GONGs" shoreline before selling. They could transfer gold until they either reach domination or marines appear.

I still don't understand, why are we doing all the work of effectivly winning the game then letting gong win?

We just might win anyways :p And until then, we go to war and kick some butts.

It's interesting to see the Council also trying to block the land...after all their assurances that they wouldn't do such stuff. Honestly, if we find that they completely block off the access, my interest in the game is at zero...

They must have been building a lot of cheap libraries.

Never mind about that 1 tiler, let them celebrate that victory...I don't really care. i am only waiting for us to invade Council in 2 turns

There are still noles in the shoredefenses on Council island so landed 2 MWs according to our plans. Nothing in our deal with them to suggest it is not allowed. Next turn a large group will land as will another group the following turn.

This was sent by Council some time ago but none have posted it so I do it here. They are under the impression the deal extend until end of turn 129 but the agreement speaks of "dawn of turn 129", no need to tell them until we DoW on turn 129 I guess. And then we explain our Casus Belli being them trading with SABER and allowing the game spoilers into the game tech race again.
Dear BABEs,

We see you've reached our shores in your never-ending quest for an
open beach party.

We assume that your lack of response to our previous request for an
extension of our peace treaty is answer enough…

But on the off chance that our letter got lost in the mail, we thought
we'd try one more time to see if you'd like to agree to more peace.
Currently, our treaty lasts till the end of turn 129, and we're 100%
confident you wouldn't even dream of attacking us before then :) … so
how about we use these remaining turns to agree to something even
longer… before you face competition on the high-seas when Astronomy
starts changing hands?

Yours Truly,
General_W, speaking with the Voice of The Council

:lol: screw them.. take the city next turn and unload all of our forces inside the city

So we're basically RoP raping them?

Gotta say still not especially comfortable doing that- i don't like doing it against the AI let alone real players.

Or do those two we have on the shore get automoved once we declare?

No automove in civ 3, and it's not like we're sneaking it up on them without notice... even if their new friends had not told them, the council guys aren't ******s. Plus, aren't we expecting them to actually open fire first?

Top Bottom