• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Turns of revolt

rogue131

Byzantine Historian
I thought it be interesting if we approach the current Egyptian revolution from a Civ 4 perspective. It appears Cairo is experiencing :mad: in the cities, and a bit of :yuck:, due to a gross lack of :gold: and :food: for the nation, as well as as -10 for "we cannot forget your years of cruel oppression."

It appears Egypt's President may have sufferred a -1 or -2 with most leaders for refusing to accept deals and maybe a -1 for being the enemy of most of the world.

Perhaps they should vie for a civic change to either Representation, Free Religion, Free Market and Emancipation or Universal Suffrage, FR, FM, and Emancipation.

Thoughts?

I thought it be interesting if we approach the current Egyptian revolution from a Civ 4 perspective. It appears Cairo is experiencing :mad: in the cities, and a bit of :yuck:, due to a gross lack of :gold: and :food: for the nation, as well as as -10 for "we cannot forget your years of cruel oppression."

It appears Egypt's President may have sufferred a -1 or -2 with most leaders for refusing to accept deals and maybe a -1 for being the enemy of most of the world.

Perhaps they should vie for a civic change to either Representation, Free Religion, Free Market and Emancipation or Universal Suffrage, FR, FM, and Emancipation.

Thoughts?

:goodjob:

well al i know is that it ain't just the Nile's floodplains causing all that :yuck:

I wonder if "Carthage" spies are stirring unhappiness :mad: by use of :espionage: points.

We could pin this on Montezuma, if only he was still around.

possiblity, what about the leadership traits? UU? UP?

I'd say for Egypt now, they could have the "Power of the Army: Military units do not suffer severe damage." or something. Perhaps Aggressive/______, something else.

Hmmmm, you'd be able to play as he President or simply "opposition."

The Civilization is experiencing massive unhappiness due to so many other Civs adopting Emancipation. The "We demand emancipation" unhappiness is getting to -25. He can't trade for enough luxury resources to offset the unhappiness.:)

They're in the process of changing their goverment civic (from Despotism) and are incurring the late game extended period of anarchy. As an aside they can't be Spiritual so must be Rameses II which gives given the high number of early game wonders.

Most of the world leaders are simply getting +1 for condeming violence in Egypt, but the president itself is still at +10 with the other leaders.

The world leaders dont want to see him gone, they like the devil they know, over the devil they dont.They dont want him gone, because they dont know who will come after him, for the rest of the world having him is better then having a ultra muslim leader.

Egypt is probably in Heridatry Rule right now becase people like the army they have.
Bureaucracy, but instead of how we use it, the President is instead using the commerce and hammers to improve his bank account and build palaces for himself.
They are probably in Tribalism most of the time and switch into slavery when mubarak feels like it.
Theyr economy is highly Decentralization at the moment and everyone is on their own.
The people of Egypt are in Free Religion against Mubarak.

They are suffering quite heavily from Emancipation anger and somewhat from slavery.

In RFC terms, his stability is "very unstable" / "Collapsing." The population has said his "head would look good on the end of a pole."

I agree the emancipation penalty is severely hurting Egypt.

Shouldn't we hold a vote in the UN yet for emancipation to help them out? Or is North Korea too busy defying them? Or give them some money for the culture slider? That's how I do it.

Well ....... We need the money to avoid going into strike ourself, so we rather not.

Well ....... We need the money to avoid going into strike ourself, so we rather not.

Gotta keep that research slider up. Perhaps we can pass a global civic like universal suffrage through as well if emancipation works. But then again, nobody ever votes yes. At least not in my games.

Good thing the apolostic palace is replaced with U.N., just imagine declaring war on the infidels in Egypt. lol

I don't think Egyptian leaders have shown any traits, at all, since Ramesses. They ditched IND and swapped his high WonderConstructRand for UnitProb instead, but didn't whip a rush or siege stack despite fp farms, and are paying the price. You need more than just the Mids for a cultural vc. Should have teched music and won Sistine imo.

Top Bottom