• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Turns take way too long in the later era

iRule

Warlord
Hello.

For me this issue is the worst I came across in Civilization V. I have a pretty good computer (i7 920, 6gb DDR3, an ATI HD4870 GDDR5 1gb) and turns take around 1 minute to pass when I reach around 1870 or so. It's terrible. I feel like not playing the game anymore.

I'm playing on a huge map, with 12 civs and 20 something city states - that is, at the beginning.

Is there any way of fixing this? Thanks.

Hi, i don't know my fiend. I have also the same problem. I wait about 2 min for each turn (huge map, 12 civ, 22 city states). My system is ok but.... to pass to the next turn, i go to the toilet, i prepare coffee and (after) the turn MAY BE ready!!!!
Any help??????

Hi, i don't know my fiend. I have also the same problem. I wait about 2 min for each turn (huge map, 12 civ, 22 city states). My system is ok but.... to pass to the next turn, i go to the toilet, i prepare coffee and (after) the turn MAY BE ready!!!!
Any help??????

MANY threads on this, replying to this one as it captures my feeling the best.

I have a Phenom II quadcore at 3.4ghz, 4GB DDR3 @ 1600, Radeon 3870 512mb.

While the video card is below optimal spec, I have experiemented with lowering the settings and it does not affect late-game turn processing at all. Well, only in the cases where the map has to zoom to a new unit post 1950 or so, redraw can be slow. But usually the turn-lag is so long by then that I hardly notice the slight graphics lag.

Yes we could do smaller maps. But that takes the fun out of the epic or marathon games. I like the big-scale modern wars where I can send legions of infantry against an the collected resources of several large empires and see what happens. Supply chains, production capacity, etc, all come into play in a different way than they do early game. I would have hoped a multi-threaded app on a 3.4ghz quadcore system would have been DESIGNED with reasonable turntimes in mind. But, no. They apparently wanted us to work on personal enrichment or bodily functions while waiting on turns.

So... like the previous poster who takes care of drinking and the results of drinking, I too have to find things to do. Some nights it comes down to nodding off between turns. Lately I've been learning Japanese on my Android phone while turns process. If anybody needs app recommendations for that, I have some good ones, LOL.

Maybe we should start a poll asking "What do you do while waiting on AI turns to process"? :)

aelfwyne, to answer, i prepare coffee, i go to the toilet, i phone to griends, i plan the next day.....
(all this to one turn!!!!) The problem is to the next turns!!!!!

Top Bottom