• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Two settlers at 4000BC!?!

Brewster

stays crunchy in milk
I was starting a game at my friends house the other night (he has Civ 4 while I do not) and managed to end the first turn with a city AND a settler. I built my first city on the starting spot and popped a goodie hut with my warrior and lo and behold I get a settler. I was just wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen to them.

Brewster said:
I was starting a game at my friends house the other night (he has Civ 4 while I do not) and managed to end the first turn with a city AND a settler. I built my first city on the starting spot and popped a goodie hut with my warrior and lo and behold I get a settler. I was just wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen to them.
I actually once got 2 settlers within the first couple of turns... I took the lead, held the lead, and never looked back... The AI just couldn't catch my tech lead and money lead... It was great... ended up with culture victory... almost seemed too easy...

Can't get settlers in the later difficulties.

If you have a problem with this; play a harder difficulty. =)

best start ever--my first warrior popped 3 huts in a row, and got a settler EACH! by the 5th turn, i had 4 cities, but i was losing money hand over fist. Of course, i was gandhi, so i had a lot of culture just pouring out. it was rad.

Sullla said:
You can only get a settler from a hut on Chieftan or Settler difficulties. :)

That hold true for the AI's as well? At the higher difficulties does the AI get more sttlers/units to start with as well as decreased costs for tech and buildings/units as in Civ3?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe on Immortal levels the AI's get a free settler, a free worker and a two free archers.

On Deity level, the AI's get two free settlers, and three archers.

On Emperor, they get a Free Settler and a free archer.

On Monarch, they get a free worker and an archer.

On Prince, they get a free archer.

On Noble it's a level playing field.

This is mainly my speculation... I'm really just gauging from what I've seen on the varying levels; so official information would be more reliable.

At Deity level, the AIs also get a FREE iPod Nano, a Vaio laptop, a RAZR phone, an almost genuine Louis Vuitton handbag, and a $500 Applebee's gift certificate (participation required).

In my most recent game I recieved a settler while playing on warlord difficulty.

It was a huge, great plains map too. The settler appeared all the way accross the map from the rest of my nation :cry: . It was either take 40 turns to cross the map with it or settle where it was.

Ozymandous said:
That hold true for the AI's as well? At the higher difficulties does the AI get more sttlers/units to start with as well as decreased costs for tech and buildings/units as in Civ3?
They always play on Noble. So they get whatever you get on Noble level.

I think they only get 1 settler on Deity. Either that or they wait quite long to settle the 3rd city.

Sullla said:
The funny part is that I didn't know the difficulty level was lowered... I never changed it since my first game... somehow i think I was playing on Chieftain... really ruined it for me when I found out... lol

Sullla said:
Not true. My first game I played on Warlord and I popped a settler my first or second turn (first, I believe, then I settled on my second).

Top Bottom