UI Questions

Alan Vincent

Chieftain
I've got a couple of questions about the UI which I'm sure will be obvious to most but I'm fairly new to Civ4 and they're not obvious to me.

1. The bars across the top of the main screen, either side of the research bar, what do they all do or show.

2. On the tech tree what are the extra icons at the bottom, which aren't in BtS.

Alan.

1. The bars across the top of the main screen, either side of the research bar, what do they all do or show.

They all measure the progress of different Great People types. The first bar is Faith and shows when you will get your next Great Prophet. 4th bar is experience and shows when you get your next Great General. 3rd bar is the for the rest of the Great People. Each bar has a tooltip (appears in the lower left of the screen) that provides more info.

2. On the tech tree what are the extra icons at the bottom, which aren't in BtS.

These show which technology each Great Person type will give you progress towards if you use them to discover technology.

Brilliant, thanks for the information. I'm really looking forward to playing with this mod.

If I just select a new game with 'play now', what difficulty level would that be?

Brilliant, thanks for the information. I'm really looking forward to playing with this mod.

If I just select a new game with 'play now', what difficulty level would that be?

Whatever difficulty level you last played at. Noble if you haven't played before. "Play Now" still lets you choose difficulty setting though.

Top Bottom