Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

Not according to admittedly cursory searches is there a shining in the motto (or its application in the bible) or the official anthem - maybe its in the French version? Manifest Destiny, meanwhile, is Washington's UA. Suffce to say, the use of Sea to Shining Sea is appropriate and if it impinges upon Canadian culture, then that's only by an omission by an unofficial rendition of the phrase 'From Sea to Sea' (one that would reasonably be unfamiliar to non-Canadians) and a willing dismissal of the anthem: America the Beautiful.

Are you correcting me on a national anthem I've sang all my life - in English - and have practically memorized? Where are these lyrics you've conjured up?

Adding to that, a quick Google search for 'From Sea to Shining Sea' yields only results related to America. Someone seems to be a bit high on nationalism to be honest.

But American nationalism, often in it's most toxic, parochial, and uneducated form, is just supposed to be taken for granted and given no comment or criticism, or called out on, as surely as the sky is blue? It's everyone else's nationalism to be considered an aberration and suspect?

I'm not correcting you, no, because as I admitted at the outset my search was merely cursory and as I'll admit further I'm not native to it and so might be lacking some important context. However, I am presenting you with the information I can find based on that cursory search, which is based on the information here and here and here and in the Wikis Chrisy posted - the only referencing to something shining appears to be the Skies (re. Sea, "From East to Western Sea" is the closest we get). If those are wrong, you'll have to present better counter-evidence than ancedotes, and I guess might want to look at correcting those sources to avoid future confusion.

I'm not correcting you, no, because as I admitted at the outset my search was merely cursory and as I'll admit further I'm not native to it and so might be lacking some important context. However, I am presenting you with the information I can find based on that cursory search, which is based on the information here and here and here and in the Wikis Chrisy posted - the only referencing to something shining appears to be the Skies (re. Sea, "From East to Western Sea" is the closest we get). If those are wrong, you'll have to present better counter-evidence than ancedotes, and I guess might want to look at correcting those sources to avoid future confusion.

Also, every single time I hear a U.S. anthem played in an analog or equivalent situation or event that "O, Canada," would be played in, or concerning, Canada, it's ALWAYS the "Star-Spangled Banner," NEVER "America the Beautiful."

Congratulations on completely ignoring any argument made there and going straight for something that does not even have any relation to what's being said. You're completely lost.

Congratulations on completely ignoring any argument made there and going straight for something that does not even have any relation to what's being said. You're completely lost.

No, it's not that. I just don't have the time or energy to deal with a modding community that justifies and defends everything they so, seemingly, with obscure pedantry.

Maybe next time you try to present a point, think of actually bringing evidence supporting your claims. It's very ironic that you accuse others of pedantry while at the same time getting all worked up about something and then, when questioned, not even being able to justify it.

Maybe your memories have been so impacted by the noxious influence of American nationalism that they've invaded your very recollection of your own National Anthem???

I mean, I think you'll also find that reference was made to 'an anthem'; SSB is of course the official national anthem, but a country can have more than one favored song- see the UK with Land of Hope and Glory and Jerusalem both being popular, patriotic songs (the latter even used as an anthem at times). Also, what's even wrong with a civ having a UA that might reference something present in another culture? A number are generic enough that they could apply to several places.

Oh, I don't deserve any credit for this one— I just announced the release, I didn't do any work on it.

That said, I do agree with you that the unique Spaceship Factory is a super innovative idea, and I was definitely excited to see it come to fruition.

Top Bottom