Ultimate video of Civ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 Easter Eggs, Secrets, and References

CMSTerraNova

Chieftain
As a lockdown project, I've compiled a list of all the notable easter eggs, references and secrets in Civ games for your viewing pleasure:

Any feedback is appreciated, apart from the quality of the microphone, which I already am aware and working on. :)

There are some fun ones in there, definitely. I only checked the Civ VI ones so far and here are my thoughts:

* Refrain from what you call "references". "I'll be back" and a Monty Python quote are not references. They are quotes. It's not something you "discover" or "find", it's blatant. I noticed you don't do this for the myriad of book quotes, writer quotes, or whatever, so why you singled out three movies is a mystery to me.
* I didn't notice the easter egg I posted here on Civ Fanatics when the GDR was unleashed. The GDR has three numbers on the side: 228. That's a classical example of an easter egg. All three digits are one number higher than 117, the number of Halo's armoured protagonist Master Chief.
* If the Fxs logos count (and why shouldn't they), maybe also include the stadium FXS logo? (You can see it on the digital jumbotron in the stadium at intervals).

The snow globe effect is amazing, I had no clue of that one, and I've played Civ VI for 2300 hours : D To be fair though, I didn't spend 2300 hours late game : P

Other than that, great list, good work, and I hope you add the ones you missed that other people will no doubt point you towards.

(also, mic is not great, but also not that bad, you are audible, that's the most important thing)

There are some fun ones in there, definitely. I only checked the Civ VI ones so far and here are my thoughts:

* Refrain from what you call "references". "I'll be back" and a Monty Python quote are not references. They are quotes. It's not something you "discover" or "find", it's blatant. I noticed you don't do this for the myriad of book quotes, writer quotes, or whatever, so why you singled out three movies is a mystery to me.
* I didn't notice the easter egg I posted here on Civ Fanatics when the GDR was unleashed. The GDR has three numbers on the side: 228. That's a classical example of an easter egg. All three digits are one number higher than 117, the number of Halo's armoured protagonist Master Chief.
* If the Fxs logos count (and why shouldn't they), maybe also include the stadium FXS logo? (You can see it on the digital jumbotron in the stadium at intervals).

The snow globe effect is amazing, I had no clue of that one, and I've played Civ VI for 2300 hours : D To be fair though, I didn't spend 2300 hours late game : P

Other than that, great list, good work, and I hope you add the ones you missed that other people will no doubt point you towards.

(also, mic is not great, but also not that bad, you are audible, that's the most important thing)

Appreciate the reply, yeah, the first "references" I was on the fence whether to add or not, on one hand I thought they were interesting as movie quotes compared to the other ones, but on the other, like you said they were in plain sight. Thank you for pointing out the 2 easter eggs I have missed, I will have to add them on or create a follow up with corrections.

Top Bottom