Ultimod - The Ultimate Mod

MazterJo

Chieftain
Hey People, The Ultimod is here. Ive been working on it for 2 weeks now so it should be ok. New countries have been added to balance out the entire world on the map, like there is an Australia now as well as Spain n Arabia. It is more of a modern mod wit new units like the terrorists n spec ops but there is still the gradual change in units. Also say good bye to the standard barbarians as there are now militants n mercernaries.

Ultimod Pack 0.3
Created by MazterJo

Civilopedia Updated!!

***NEW CIVILIZATIONS***
(complete wit heros n town names)

Italy (Militaristic, Commercial)
Isreal (Scientific, Religious)
Arabia (Militaristic, Religious)
Australia (Industious, Scientific)
Spain (Expansionist, Commercial)
Nigeria (Militaristic, Expansionist)

*India is now Expansionist & Religious (to balance things up)

Each Civ is also grouped into one of three main powers - Land, Air and Sea
Each power has it's own type of unit.

All Land Civs get MML
All Air Civs get F-15
All Sea Civs get Modern Frigate

Italy ------ Land
Egypt ------ Sea
Greece ----- Land
Isreal ----- Land
Germany ---- Land
Russia ----- Air
China ------ Air
America ---- Air
Japan ------ Sea
France ----- Land
India ------ Air
Arabia ----- Land
Australia -- Land
Nigeria ---- Land
Spain ------ Sea
England ---- Sea

***NEW GOVERNMENTS***

Fascism (No Mod is complete without this type of government)

***NEW UNIQUE UNITS***

All the different civs still get only ONE unique unit
*** changed because people complained botu them. (former arab su was terrorist n former
isreali su was prophet guess people din like them)

Italy ------ Legionary
Egypt ------ War Chariot
Greece ----- Hoplite
Isreal ----- Jag Warriors
Germany ---- Panzer
Russia ----- Cossack
China ------ Rider
America ---- Red Indian (Mounted Warrior)
Japan ------ Samurai
France ----- Musketeer
India ------ War Elephant
Arabia ----- Immortals
Australia -- Mounted Warrior
Nigeria ---- Impi
Spain ------ Man O War
England ---- Longbowman

***NEW UNITS***

MML
The Land Version of the Nuclear Sub..
Able to carry 2 Tactical Nukes on board..
But it has no attack n defense so it has to defended..
Best Bombarment Power and Range..

Modern Frigate
Similar to the Destroyer with less power and comes way before..
so sea civs get a bonus in the ocean..
Powerful but without bombardment capabilities..

Mercenery
The land version of the privateer..
hidden nationality flag..
weak attack n defense..

Terrorist
Extra special unit..
hidden nationality + bombard capabilities..
way stronger than the mercenery..
For Arabia, Nigeria, China & Egypt Civs

Special Ops Unit
They can move well in all terrain..
radar capabilities used as surveilance..
powerful attack but very weak attack..
good when combined with other units..

Militants
A few civs have these militants..
they can be drafted by these civs..
very cheap.. can almost be created instantly but the cost one pop..
For Italy, Greece, Germany, Russia, America, Japan, Australia & Spain Civs

Prophet
see below..
For Isreal, France, India & England Civs

***NEW STUFF***

Settlers now have 2 movement..
since they take two pop they shuld get twicw more movement than workers..

Removed Militant Barbarian Tribes - Caused Game Crash

ALWAYS OPEN FOR SUGGESTION N IMPROVEMENT

Thanks to Dark Sheer that made the Modern Frigate.. its the best piece of art i have in my mod pack..:king:

What's Coming Up.

Alcatraz Wonder

I'm thinking of adding The Maximum Security Prison - Alcatraz as a new wonder.

Costs 1 Maintenance -3 Culture 1 Production
Reduces War Weariness(in all cities)
Reduces Corruption(in all cities)
Near Water (Alcatraz after all is on an island)
Jail Breaks can occur (similar to meltdown wit nuclear plants)
Makes one happy person unhappy

But i need the wonder splash screen and all. So it'll that me sum time.

Please tell mi what you all will like to see in this modpack.
:king:

The Ultimod is back online but may have a bug in it. I'm currently working on Vesion 1, no more betas. Check below for when the next version will be out and the new things that will be added.
Thanks to all for their support and patience. :)

Make sure you guys download both the first and second part of the mod pack.

Check below for the files

Does anyone know how to change the colors of the units in the game? or can anyone help mi make them? Like in my mod the Spec Ops Unit is the same one as the paratroopers. I'd like to change the colour of the paratroopers suit from white to black for the Spec Ops Unit so that there can be a significant look in apperance even though they move the same way.

Also I am going to make a website for the mod pack where all the changes will be posted but since i jus got back to skool it'll take sum time.

Keep your suggestions coming. Thanx

I'm making animation for Assasin now - black painted immortal.
You can do the same with Paratrooper. Download Paint shop pro and ANimation shop trail version. Unpac flc file with FLICster utility from this forum. Load it into Ani shop, copy sequential img's to paintshop, in Paintshop make it Grayscale (Color menu), make it color back by loading palette provided by FLICster, add blue band somethere (blue is civ-specific color in palette) , change background and shdow colors back by floodfill, and copy img bact to animation file. After that save it with option - Customize< choose palette (from FLICster)>, nearest color, 255 colors, and FLICster them bak into one file. If there are problem with palette ask in forum. :egypt:

I like the idea of the arab special unit being a terrorist, at least its true to life.....

Well ya.. Who else can i assign the terrorist as an SU to.. but although the terrorists can be built onli by the arabs... the militant which is a close unit to the terrorists can be built by other civs so there really is no reason for the reaction. Also there is the mercenary which is also paid for governments of other civs to fight which is similar to terrorism (see)

My Mod Pack is more of a scenario based mod.. although its pretty hard to make scenarios in Civ III unless firaxis releases a patch that help's us do it. But if ya wanted to play a game against terrorists, then u jus set an opponent as the arab civ n viola u have a terrorist scenario.

I'm goin to put the subject up for debate. If u guys feel i shuld change the terrorist to some thing else let mi noe.:rolleyes:

Arabia gets terrorists and Israel gets anti-terrorists... very politically coloured. Give Arabia some kind of medieval mounted unit instead.

Settlers now have 2 movement..
since they take two pop they shuld get twice more movement than workers
In that case - would a battleship be dozens of times faster than a gunboat?

*blunder - Ok my mistake. Well I changed the Isreali Special Unit to the Prophet, you are rite dat was a little coloured but i meant no harm.

And about Settlers having 2 movement... Picture this... Settlers were sent out to find new lands to settle in... They must have really picked out two of the strongest people to go off and start a new colony. These two will def move twice as fast as a normal worker would have... just a thot... but when we have the battleship it shuld move in more turns than a destroyer as it is more heavily gunned and armoured so it shuld b slower... just another thot...

Thanx for the Suggestions... Keep em comin...:rolleyes:

+New Stuff Added

Isreali Special Unit is now the Prophet. A leader but costs 2 pop to build (he needs followers rite). So he his a pretty expensive unit. He also has only one movement unlike regular leaders. He also has the radar flagged so he can see further(his visions). He requires Spices(dun ask prophets need these stuff)

Americans and not the Australians no more have Warriors since the Americans now get Jaguar Warriors

+Changes from 0.1

Spec Ops come in black now and now don't look exactly like the Paratroopers.

Merceneries now need Gems not Gold as there was a problem using Gold as their Required Resource.

Modern Frigates can now see Submarines. I tink i left that out.

Modern Frigates now come after Refining and no more Electricity as there is no oil present. (but now it's too close to the Destroyer that comes after combustion, do u tink i shuld change its requirements to iron and not oil).

MMLs now have more bombardment power. (A must have for land Civs).

Militants now cost 1 shield. Down from 2. They also have the zone of control flagged. and have reasonable attack n defence but still cost 1 pop. Only Egypt, Isreal, Arabia and Nigeria can build militants but can't build Spec Ops Teams. (wonder if i shuld change tis.. i mean it increases the game's diversity)

Spec Ops Teams
Spec Ops have excellent attack and are used when one of yur units is in trouble (such as wit one bar left), the Spec Ops Team can then be deployed from any airport, n then they can attack the attackers.. (usually the win or they'll distract it) They are useless defenders so don't leave them alone..

Terrorists bombardment power has been upped 4 to 8 from 4. Terrorists have the ability to bomb towns and other units but will sacrifice themselves if they do.

The Barbarian Tribes names have been changed to Militant and Terrorist Camp names. I will not list them, coz there a quite a few of them.

+ Government Espionage Levels Changed as well as a few minor changes

Government Diplomat Spy

Anarchy Conscript Conscript (when a country is in turmoil, their diplomats will b too)
Depotism Regular Regular (regular)
Monarchy Regular Regular (regular)
Communism Regular Veteran (the communist had spy networks)
Fascism Regular Veteran (n so did the fascists)
Republic Veteran Regular (Comes wit being a republic, dun u tink)
Democracy Veteran Regular (The Democratic Powerhouse should be good at diplomatic ties)

+ Civilopedia Updated!!

Since there is yet no link to download this completed modpack, I'm moving it to the general customization section. When you do have something complete and ready, PM me. :)

Here is Version 0.3 (second part)...

Version 0.2 Still Beta removed after 36 downloads...
Version 0.1 Beta removed after 52 downloads...

Attachments

• ultimod2.zip
    478.9 KB · Views: 565
Hope you all like the Spec Ops Unit I made for the mod. Complete with Black Parachute. I'll try and do sum more for the other Units... :king:

Here is a pic of the team doing an air drop.

Attachments

• specopsdrop.gif
    specopsdrop.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 4,806
What is this prophet thing ? Is it real leader (finish wonder in one turn) or army ? Have you playtested it - is not it too unbalancing ? Both army and radar.... And I thought that normal ancient unit 1.1.1 with radar would be unbalancing... but I may be wrong:rolleyes:

Actually i wanted to create the prophet as a unit that other units can load unto and it still will be there much like the army... but i did not want it to hurry production so i couldn't make it a leader.. so i flagged the army property but when i played it i culdn't build it.. i figured u r only allowed to build armies when you have the military academy so i moved some animation around and removed the army flag so its the same as a normal unit wit radar but it is still cost two pop and is rather weak... I'll move it's requirement from Mytiscism to Polythism to make it less ancient...

Well I haven't play tested the civ yet im still in the process of doin dat but i noe that Germany, England, Spain and France all work fine.

Thanks s3d. :king:

WTF Israeli unit propet?!

Our Prophets were NOT war units, hell, they shouldn't even be considered a unit, just people with extraordianry talents! Give us something more likely, please!

Originally posted by MazterJo
Actually i wanted to create the prophet as a unit that other units can load unto and it still will be there much like the army... but i did not want it to hurry production so i couldn't make it a leader.. so i flagged the army property but when i played it i culdn't build it.. i figured u r only allowed to build armies when you have the military academy

That is strange. I think in Korn blitz mod you can build General unit (with army property) without military academy...

Top Bottom