Unable to load a save

code99

Warlord
Long story short, cant load my current game anymore.

Im on latest SVN, the save was working a day ago, its not working anymore.

Included screenshot of the error and the save in question in the attached files bellow.

I would really like to recover this save since im kinda tired of restarting my games without reaching endgame (well, MY definition of endgame). For some reasons autosave wasnt enabled in this game so i cant load that.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 143
  • www.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Long story short, cant load my current game anymore.

Im on latest SVN, the save was working a day ago, its not working anymore.

Included screenshot of the error and the save in question in the attached files bellow.

I would really like to recover this save since im kinda tired of restarting my games without reaching endgame (well, MY definition of endgame). For some reasons autosave wasnt enabled in this game so i cant load that.
Random corruption of save. Sorry, its lost now.

You only have one save? I realize it's not a good time to be telling you this, but may I suggest for the future that you alternate between at least two save names. I never save to the same filename twice in a row, since the time I did it, had a random corruption and lost both.

This is why I have autosave set to save every turn, as something might happen during saving game.

For me it doesn't increase end turn wait times by much.

You only have one save? I realize it's not a good time to be telling you this, but may I suggest for the future that you alternate between at least two save names. I never save to the same filename twice in a row, since the time I did it, had a random corruption and lost both.

Its the first time I had an issue of this kind in so long so i stuck with 1 save. I did occasionally make a second save but it was rather rare.

This is why I have autosave set to save every turn, as something might happen during saving game.

For me it doesn't increase end turn wait times by much.

I always have autosave on every turn enabled. It so happened that last time i played this save I did so on another PC which didnt have the bug settings. I must've forgot to enable autosave (i think it should be enabled by default)

That being said, I did recover my game!
I was lucky that I had a copy of this save at home which seems to be working just fine so its all good :)

Top Bottom