''Unable to locate component'' errer.

Fire Bringer

Prince
I actually have 4 problems.

1. When I try to start a game the game setup runs perfectly fine until I actually start the actually start the the game. When the pop-up about building an empire to stand the Test of Time appears, I click OK. After that the main screen appears and I can see my settler and warrior, but nothing happens. If you wait long enough the screen blanks and the game crashes. This happens a little more than half the time and does not affect loading games.

2. In response to 1. I uninstall and reinstall, but doesn't do much at all. After that I try patching it to 1.74 or something, but I got an error message when it was done installing saying it failed to complete.

3. When I try to play the game I get an error message saying: ''This application has failed to start because D3DX9_32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.''

4. When I try to uninstall I get an error message and here are its details:

Error Code: -5004 : 0x80041f42
Error Information:
*C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\12\00\Intel32\iKernel.dll
>inc\CoCreate.cpp (44)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1390)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 8.0

My main problem is 3. Please help! Thanks in advance.

You can search on Google for that .dll file, and put the file in the folder it tells you to put it in. It might help you, just thought I'd throw it in.

I already have dx9. I will try what Richardc said, thanks again!

Usually when this type of error occurs, it's generally a single file missing and not much else. I've had this error happen before with that same file, and I downloaded the needed .dll file and it fixed the problems.

Thanks again!

I updated DX9 and enabled VIA/S3G UniChrome IPG and it dosen't crash anymore

Top Bottom