[BNW] Unable to Run Civ 5 Now

CWess12

Chieftain
I recently encountered an issue when trying to run Civ 5 through Steam. I have been playing Civ 5 on my computer with no issues for months. Today when I tried to start the game I get the notification next to the game in Steam that it is "Running -> Syncing" and then nothing happens. I haven't installed any new updates to my computer, and I am currently running Windows 7 professional 64-bit. I have researched the issue and have taken the following steps with no success:

• Reinstalling Steam and Civilization 5

• Verify integrity of game files in Steam

• Cleared the Download Cache in Steam

• Disabled Avast Antivirus

• Checked for any Windows Updates

• Checked for driver updates

• Assigned the Launcher and Civ5 .exe files to run in compatibility mode with Windows 7

• Assigned both of the noted .exe files to run as an administrator
  • Assigned Steam.exe file to run as administrator
  • Repaired the Microsoft Visual C++ files from C:/ Sid Meier's Civilization / VCredist

• Re-downloaded DirectX from C:/ Sid Meier's Civilization 5 / DirectX / DXSetup

• Deleted the Sid Meier's Civilization 5 folder from / Users / My Documents / My Games
If I open the Launcher.exe file from my Program Files I can get the menu to pop-up that allows me to select which verison of Civ 5 I want to run (DirectX9 or DirectX11), but once I make a selection from there, nothing happens.

The most confusing aspect of all of this is that I have previously run Civ on the same computer without any issues. This all started out of the blue today without anything changing on my computer (to my knowledge).

I have emailed 2K support and they said they had recently released a new launcher for Civ 5 and that was probably what was causing problems. Their advice was to to flush Steam by opening 'Run' and inputting 'steam://flushconfig', restarting the computer, launching Steam as administrator directly from the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam), and seeing if tat would work. Unfortunately, this did not help either.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem or does anyone know of a solution?

not sure if this will help, but i got a error message saying this was missing " api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll ".

c++ was installed, so what exactly prompted that crap-as-usual windows error message, i can't say...

not in an expected-location? someone's %root starting point, not far enough back, in order to save searching/processing time?
*shrugs*

could be one of lots of file loading/use errors, but since error messages are so totally crap / misleading, it could be just about anything.

i haven't got the launcher to work once, yet, same as you, except it's win8, not 7.

i'm having the exact same problem, ward for any solution someone might come up with

i'm having the exact same problem, ward for any solution someone might come up with
I'm on mobile or else I'd link you the answer, but if you Google "legacy access civ 5" you should get an answer

I'm on mobile or else I'd link you the answer, but if you Google "legacy access civ 5" you should get an answer
Nah that already got fixed. It doesn't work either. It skips the launcher but i still cannot run civ5.

Top Bottom