Unique Mod

AdelineJ

Warlord
Hello !

I have got an idea for a mod and I would want if any persons are interessed.:hmm:

I think a mod where each civilization have got ITS buildinds and ITS units. Only the barbarians have got the buildings and units of BTS. All units are UU and UB are unique !
I thinks now about 7 civilizations but if you have got more ideas, I will do all XML (civ by civ)...

AdelineJ

You Can simply do this using C2C mod engine.

Simply make culture wonder autobuildable to each civ (one per civ)
Make unique buildings by adding culture resource as required to build it

I don't understand. And, in fact, I want to create a mod (no graphics, I don't know how do) and modify one...

Look at caveman to cosmos mod subforum esp. Modders documentation thread. This mod engine has everything what you need to Make your mod

Thanks. I will see that. Can I use the graphics of C2C or RoM-a New Dawn for my mod ?

If you are just using regular UU and UB type things then C2C is entirely unnecessary. In fact, you can do most of how it does Cultures without it - a building that gives a free bonus that is required to make the associated buildings and units is the basic idea. But for regular UUs and UBs that is not necessary.

Unless you want the extra stuff it has, you don't need it. On the other hand, if you are going to try to make a few hundred UUs and UBs you will probably run out of unique combinations of things that make them different unless you start with a mod (perhaps C2C) that adds more properties to give them. Unless you plan to mod the DLL yourself to only add the specific new properties you want.

if you are going to try to make a few hundred UUs and UBs
No, no. I think to do about 7 or 9 max civilizations. And all UU and UB don't be improved. Any will have malus, no bonus. I want to balance the civilizations. I want to say that in civilization, any UU and UB are better than in other civilization but not all.

EVen with only a few civilizations you should note that there are 125 building classes in BtS. If you make a UB for all of them for each of 7 civilizations that is 825 UBs...

Well, OK, that includes wonders so the real number is lower. If you leave out all wonders, both world and national, it is only about half as many: 63 building classes. That is still quite a few as 7*63=441. There are probably several more than you won't mess with (religion buildings, for example), but it is still a lot, especially after you multiply it by 7 or more for the number of civs.

There are a similar number of unit classes, if you leave out things like settlers, workers, missionaries, great people, corporate executives, and so on.

Yes, I know but I am very very motivated and I dream to a mod...
Can I use the graphic of C2C and RoM-A new Dawn ?

I decided to take ALL civ but I want to regroup in 7 empires. How ?

Group 'em, combine the leaders, UUs, and UBs.

I made you a preliminary list.

Germanic Empire:
  • Germany
  • England
  • Holy Rome
  • USA
  • Dutch
  • Viking
Eastern Empire:
  • Byzantium
  • Greece
  • Russia
Mediterranean Empire:
  • Rome
  • Spain
  • Carthage
  • France
  • Portugal
Islamic Empire:
  • Arabia
  • Sumeria
  • Turkey
  • Persia
  • Babylon
Asian Empire:
  • China
  • Japan
  • Mongolia
  • India
  • Khmer
  • Korean
African Empire:
  • Egypt
  • Mali
  • Ethiopia
  • Zulu
Native American Empire:
  • Sioux
  • Aztec
  • Maya
  • Inca

Which leaves only the Celts.

EDIT: You then need to fill up each one to at least 6 to match Asia and Germany.

For the Eastern, Orthodox civs, try Poland, Hungary, and Bulgaria.
For the Mediterranean, maybe a distinct Italy.
For Islamic perhaps Yemen or another similar civ. Pakistan?
For Africa try Moors, Congolese.
And for Native America do Iroquois and Tupi.

Once you have that you can start branching out.

Thanks, I thank it but with an other composition, to balance the number of leaders :

Africa : Carthage, Egypt, Ethiopia, Mali, Zulu (6 leaders)
Asia : China, Korean, Japan, Khmer, Mongolia, India (7 leaders)
Middle East : Arabia, Babylon, Byzantium, Ottoman, Persia, Sumeria (8 leaders)
Américan : Native American, American, Aztec, Inca, Maya (7 leaders)
Franc : Celt, Holy Roman, France (6 leaders)
Greco-latin: Espagnol, Grec, Portugais, Romain (6 leaders)
Nord : Britannique, Germanique, Néerlandais, Russe, Viking (10 leaders)

I restart : can I take the graphics of modpacks, as such C2C, RoM, ... ?
Thanks ! :)

I restart : can I take the graphics of modpacks, as such C2C, RoM, ... ?
Thanks ! :)

Most of the graphics in mods like that came from other places so...

There are a bunch of unit and building graphics mods available in the download section. You should probably check those first since it will allow you to properly give credit to the actual source, and there may be additional graphics in the various groupings of them that were not used by the other mods but which you do want. For example, one of the things on the first page of the Civ4 - Medieval Units section of the Civ4 - Unit Graphics area is Bakuel's India: Rajputs which appears to have 26 different units in it, although some of them are just different skins for the same models; how many of these have actually been used in mods? I have no idea. If you don't look at the original pack of things that some other mod took things from, you will only be able to use what they used and might miss seeing the exact unit or building, or whatever, that you are really looking for.

In general you can use anything from any mod, but should give credit somewhere to whoever made what you are using (which might be hard to figure out from some other mod's credits since they often give a just list sources without saying what came from who).

Please, is it possible to make a building with "+1:mad: with a theocratie" or an other civic ?
Thanks !

In the Civic Info XML there is the BuildingHappinessChanges tag. This is supposed to be +:) so there may be issues with using negative numbers. At the moment I don't remember if it works correctly or if there are any display issues even if it does work.

You should try it and find out. For an example, look at CIVIC_NATIONHOOD which gives +2:) to BUILDING_BARRACKS

Thanks, I forgot to see in my Create Civic tutorial. I just see in Building tutorial...

What do you think ? You don't look after colors...

Attachments

• Bâtiments_en.zip
    477.7 KB · Views: 28
Nobody wants to help me ? to give his ideas ? :(

Top Bottom